Saturday, January 20

Old, boring & blimp-like

That's me. Don't get me wrong.

OLD is a relative term and I know that in the grand scheme of things, I'm not even into middle age yet. (I hope!!!) But compared to many of the 20-somethings I work with I feel old. But in a good "I'm wiser with age and experience" kind of way. There is the little fact of my getting totally sucked in by an infomercial this afternoon. And I really want that product. It's a GTXpress101. I think. Kind of a take-off on George Foreman's idea. Can't wait till that sucker shows up on the "As Seen On TV" isle in the store!!
BORING would accurately describe my life to many people, and that honestly doesn't bother me in the least. I've spend most of the day playing with Ashleigh, doing (a little) housework, finishing up some projects for Abby's room and reading. And don't forget the infomercial! (I only saw about 10 minutes of that. If I'd seen the whole thing, I might have one being shipped to me as I speak!) Presently, Kenneth is watching the Barret-Jackson car auction, Ashleigh is determined to play with the computer mouse and we're waiting on a casserole to finish for dinner. SNORE!!!!!!! But I like it. The only drama I'm interested in comes on TV, in movies or books.
BLIMP-LIKE I really need to take another photo of my round profile. Even though my OB announced at my Thursday appointment that I'd lost 4 lbs. in two weeks, I'm not exactly ready for swimsuits!

VARIOUS OTHER THOUGHTS:
::The nursery is beginning to come together. The walls are painted, pretty much all the decor is ready to put in place. Kenneth and an unknown helper just need to get a few final pieces of furniture moved around and we'll be in business. This week I'll probably start washing up baby clothes for Abby's arrival.

::I am still not convinced that I'll be able to handle being a mother of two. At times I know it will be fine and wonderful, at others I'm convinced it's a wonder that Ashleigh survived-thrived even-and know it will be a matter of time before someone decides that they made a mistake when they decided to bless us with another child. I don't even have nipples for the baby bottles yet!!!!

::I was very pleasantly surprised last week by learning I would have not one, but two baby showers before Abby arrives! I'm hoping for lots of diapers, wipes and bath stuff. And of course some cutesy stuff just for Abby. Our poor hand-me-down girl...

::We're still on schedule for a February 8th delivery. Very curious how she'll look, how big she'll be, what sort of personality she'll have, if she'll have hair...

::Rachel got her dream job as an assitant teacher in in kindergarten class. Well, almost dream. She hopes to be a certified teacher at some point. I'm so thrilled for her. She's one of those people just meant to teach young children. (NOT at all like me!) But I'm also very sad because we had lunch together every day, talked on our cell phones to and from work most of the time. OH! For those of you who didn't know, we not only worked for the same company, but in the same department. So this is quite an adjustment to make. NOT as big as when Kelley left, however. When she left, she moved to TEXAS!!! I cried buckets over that and even seriously looked for another job. At least Rachel's still here, I just have to get used to not seeing her all the time.

Well, the exciting casserole is finished, so I think I'll go have dinner with my family, followed by a nice boring evening. ; )

5 comments:

Cory said...

Glad to hear that everything is going good. And I'm really happy to hear that Rachel got such a nice job! That's fantastic.

And I can't wait for Abby to be born! It's so exciting. You will adjust to having two children just fine. You're a wonderful Mother and will only be twice as wonderful by having two children.

Tigerlilly said...

Hi! I found your blog via Cory...

Congratulations on having another baby girl!! What a blessing they are!!

Just a word of encourgagement.... My daughters are 18 mos. apart... even thought our second daughter was planned, I was terrified of how I was going to handle Two babies, Two car seats, two bottles... I was terrified.. but the second Bailey was born things just clicked.. sure, it took me a couple of times to figure out the easiest ways to handle things.. but eventually, you wander why you ever worried!

and dont worry... there is always enough love for two!!

God Bless you and Stay Strong!

Kelley said...

Well well...I'm surprised you remembered your Blogger password to login!! :) Good to see a post...

I know what you mean about feeling old. Goodness, I'm feeling it too. All these young whipper snappers just really make you feel ancient! But, yes, definitely wiser. There's no way I'd go back.

And no, you aren't boring! I'd love to have a life like that right now! Soon, right?? Please?

And looking so forward to Abby's arrival!!!!

I'm sorry that you've lost yet another Dispatch buddy...but yes, at least she is still near by. I miss those days of sitting next to you for 8 hours a day, laughing like crazy, just being us. I miss that every single day...

jeannie* said...

Hey... I found your blog from Cory.

Being in your words 'old, boring & blimp-like' is NOT a bad thing. I cant imagine youre all that old, screw the 20 somethings you work with. Boring is good. I like boring. Going out and being crazy is overrated. Hanging out with your hubby and daughter is where the fun happens. Promise :) And youre preggers... and due in less than a month! So I should hope you feel big! You've got a little baby in there just waiting to come out and meet her mommy.

And you're going to be a great mother to both of your daughters. And yes, I know this just from reading one post on your blog (heehee). But I can just tell how much you love both Ashleigh and Abby... so no worries.

Hang in there and good luck with the nursery!

JOY said...

Hi Jackie

I found your blog through Cory too!

We are doing the 2007 challenge together.

You are as young as you feel - I am a true believer in this. I got very upset when i turned 30, thought that was it and everything would be downhill from that day.

I am happy to say I have never been happier and never felt more alive and healthy as I do now. I think you just have to sit back sometimes and think just how lucky you are.

You are going to be a mum again - what a wonderful thing! You are going to be a fantastic mum. I bet you are very excited.