Wednesday, January 31

I'm so weird....

At the end of last year, I bought a calendar/planner to keep in my purse. Between the forgetfulness of being pregnant-then having a toddler and a newborn I knew I'd need it. Especially when there's more to keep up with. Babies go to the doctor alot. I just made a hair appointment and realized something. I'm using the planner, but not the way it's intended. I'm writing most everything on post-its, then sticking them on my planner. I'm just going to tell myself it's because getting the planner in and out of this purse is a tight squeeze and when I change purses (probably tonight) this little post-it situation will be gone. We'll see...

Had another doctor's appointment yesterday. I wondered what I'd find out because the night before I'd had a few hours of real contractions. By real meaning that you could see them from the outside and if they'd gotten much worse or closer together, we'd have been headed to the hospital to be checked out. Without going into any details some folks don't want to know, I'd begun to progress just a little, but nothing to worry about. Abby's doing well and my BP was pretty good. I go for my pre-op visit Friday morning. That's exciting to me, even though that means I'm another step closer to major abdominal surgery AND the hormone induced psychosis that goes with having a baby. I'm as ready as I'm going to be, time to get this show on the road!

Kenneth's been helping out in the kitchen with dinner and the past two nights that has involved grating cheese. Well, night before last, Ashleigh was telling us she was "very, very, hungry" and we were trying to hold her off with a healthy little snack that wouldn't ruin dinner. I asked her if she wanted cheese: "NO!" Kenneth picks up a long piece of shredded cheese and asked her if she wants a cheesy worm. Well, little did I know, our little girl LOVES cheesy worms. In her words, they are "Yummy, yummy, deliciouso!" And I'm sure I misspelled the Spanish version of delicious, BUT Dora doesn't teach spelling...

2 comments:

Cory said...

I'm glad that everything is good. Especially the cheesy worms!!!

Kelley said...

Holy crap! Ashleigh knows more Spanish than I do!!

Totally cracks me up that she said that!!