Friday, May 25

Another Month Almost Gone

Can't believe that it will be June soon. Next month, Kenneth & I will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary, Abby will be 4 months old and Ashleigh will officially be 2 and a half! YIKES!!!

Things have been crazy busy at work at home, but in a good way. Well, all the housework can be overwhelming at times because while it's important to me to have a clean home, time with my family is more important. Kenneth helps out, so it's not too bad.

My first Mother's Day as a mother of two was quite nice. Nothing too over the top or anything. Got a really pretty necklace and a few other bits & pieces from the girls. Visited my family Saturday where this photo was made:


Abby was 14 lbs. 9.6 oz. Wednesday at her check-up. How can she seem so big yet so small? Ashleigh seems more grown up every day. STILL not potty trained but she's making progress. Slowly but surely. Just too slowly and not enough "surely" for me. BUT I am taking a more laid-back approach to the potty training because if we push too hard she'll resist out of spite. She's too much like her Mama and Daddy in that area! Abby is sleeping very well. I've even started this week not giving her a bottle right before bed. I feed her, give her a bath and after she's lotioned up and snug in her PJs, I put her in her crib, turn on the mobile and turn out the light & close the door on my way out. And she goes to sleep! All by herself, no tears involved. I am determined not to make the same "sleep mistakes" I made with Ashleigh. She is still in the bed with us much more often than not.

We actually have some plans Memorial Day and I'm quite excited about that. One of Kenneth's co-workers (Michelle, his "work wife") invited us to grill out with her family that afternoon. The kids will play in a little kiddie pool. Ashleigh will LOVE that!

Oh, and I know the change to my header is a little iffy, I just really wanted to see if I could use an animated gif for a header. Now that I know I can, I'll see what I can come up with....let me know if you have any ideas!

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

3 comments:

Cory said...

That is a wonderful picture. I hope you have a great time over the holiday.

Kelley said...

Good to see a new post!! And love the picture, what a great one for Mother's Day...

Glad that Abby is sleeping so well on her own! But can not believe that Ashleigh is still in bed with you guys a lot!! Girl!!! You're going to be sad when she goes off to college and your bed suddenly feels so empty!! :)

Kim :) said...

Love the picture! I'm glad to hear that you had a nice Mother's day! :)

Hope you had fun at your friends over Memorial Day weekend! A cookout and time out with friends is always a welcomed thing!