Thursday, May 10

Market Street & Milestones

Milestones first! Can't believe Abby was 3 months old Tuesday! And it continues to amaze me how different she and her sister are. Abby sleeps much better, but Ashleigh was holding her head up better by this age. Kenneth fussed at me for comparing them, but I'm not comparing them in a "your sister is better than you" kind of way. And honestly while their personalities are quite different, I think Abby sleeps better (and in her bed) because she's been laid down to sleep since she was born. Ashleigh wasn't. And Ashleigh was able to raise her head and chest up off the floor because she got plenty of tummy time. Abby hasn't been getting much at all. But I'm working on that...


Last weekend was the Market Street Festival in Columbus. Kenneth stayed home with Abby and Ashleigh and I headed out to meet Dora. Ashleigh was so excited, it was almost impossible to get a "good" photo of them.


Next, we went to The Commercial Dispatch booth for a little painting. Since she sees me painting quite a bit and always wants to help, she really loved this! This is when Kriesten met up with us. She is my friend Evie's daughter. She got to play big sister to Ashleigh and I hope she had a good time.


Funny story about this pony ride. For Ashleigh, it was a pony sit! The man put her up there an would back away when I got my shot set up so it would just be her and the pony in the photo. Before they started walking, she started crying for me. I went in and tried to get her to stay, but she was having none of that. She rubbed the pony's head while I was holding her, but she was not getting back on it! Me being the photo & scrapbook crazy person I am, was fine with that. I had my photos and I wasn't going to force her to ride. Then the nicest thing happened: they gave me my money back! That's always a good thing, right?


After this, she and Kriesten went in the petting zoo and rode a little swing-type ride. The we left, Ashleigh drank too quickly and threw up in my truck. But I won't go into details on that!

4 comments:

Cory said...

It looks like she had a fantastic time, and that was great luck on getting the pony ride money back!

Sorry to hear about her getting sick though.

And I think it's natural to compare your children the way you do. All the parents I know do it occassionally.

Kelley said...

Sounds like fun!! And you got the shot on the pony, so sad she wouldn't ride him! And little Abby, she is growing like a weed!!!

Kim :) said...

Sounds like fun was had by all! :) I'm with Kelley Little Abby is getting so big so fast!! Love the pictures. :)

Gina said...

Has it been 3 months already? Wow, time flies. Both your girls are such a beauties! I could just look at their photos forever!