Friday, June 26

Can it get any hotter?

Wait, don't answer that, because I know the answer is a big, fat YES! Some mornings, the heat and humidity just make me angry as soon as I walk out the door. Ugh. I've lived in Mississippi all my 36 years and you think I'd get used to it. Not so much. I feel like writing Mother Nature a letter and asking her to please turn down the heat. Also, if it's not too much to ask, keep any and all bugs and creepy crawlies out of our house! I can't stand bugs either. Eewwww!

In other news:
Surprisingly to me, I felt more sadness over the announcement of Jon & Kate Gosselin's divorce than Michael's Jackson's death. Trust me, I think that's bizarre and I'm the one who feels that way. Divorces always sadden me. And I guess since Michael Jackson has gone crazy and all I don't feel as connected to him. Not that I should feel connected to Jon & Kate at any rate.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I agree with you...on all components of your post! I do feel sorry for MJ's children...but then again, I felt sorry for them when he was alive too. I have a problem with the way people have reacted to his death. It's just CRAZY!!! He was CRAZY!! I don't know what else to say about it except that I hope it all blows over quickly.

Kelley said...

Girl, it is hotter than hell here too, though probably a little less humid. Would you mind asking Mother Nature on my behalf too??? In the 100s for weeks now. Ug. I can't say anything about Jon and Kate, I have never watched the show. I do know that when I come to articles about them in my In Touch mag, I skip them. Not interested. I didn't realize they were actually getting divorced...that is certainly sad!

Cory said...

I dread the rest of summer with Hattiesburg already hitting 106!

As for the other, I don't even know who Jon & Kate are. But I have no real feelings on Michael Jackson's death. Does that make me cold-hearted?