Monday, June 15

Really Sad

One of my best friends is moving to Arizona. 

I am not happy.

I haven't been this sad since Kelley moved to Texas.

The situations are very similar: leaving me behind is a co-worker who I like very much who also knows how to do their job well. Trust me, this is hard to come by. The differences are that Anthony is a guy so we didn't spend time together outside the office, but he and my husband did.

Anthony is a computer nerd in a cool way. Who will help me with my dilemmas now? I'll be left to muddle through on my own. Will the new guy we hired do a good job? I'm sure. Will we have the same kind of friendship? Doubtful. Anthony and I get excited over the same things like cool fonts and awesome vector art. Free cool stuff really gets us wound up. We have a lot of the same tastes graphics-wise, but we are quite different as well. We compliment each other and help each other out. I help him make ads more "girly" and he helps me de-frill my ads on occasion.

I hear that Flagstaff, Arizona is a great place. But right now, I will hold a grudge against it. Not against Anthony and his wife; I wish them all the best. They are doing what's best for their family and I can't fault them for that.

But Flagstaff? You totally suck.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Big frowny face. Flagstaff sucks! (I'm sure Abilene was on that list once, but it has been bumped off by Flagstaff! Yay!)