Wednesday, June 3

Happy Anniversary, Baby!

Fifteen years ago today, I married my best friend, Kenneth. I know that is rather corny and cliche, but it is true.

I honestly can't imagine life without him. I can always count on him to be there for me when it counts. I've never doubted his love for me and never had a reason not to trust him completely. He is a wonderful father to our children, which is a good thing because I couldn't be married to him otherwise.

Now, don't get me wrong. He makes me mad regularly, drives me nuts and has habits that annoy me. I will readily tell you if we spend too much time together, we'd kill each other. And he'd tell you the exact same thing about me. When we get angry with one another, there's never any worry that this will be "the end." And I think that's what a happy marriage is all about. It's not about never fighting and always getting along. It's about always being yourself, speaking your mind and knowing that at the end of the day, your spouse loves you in spite of yourself.

Now that I've gotten all that out of the way, here's a photo from our wedding. What a difference 15 years makes!




4 comments:

Tracy said...

Congratulations!! You were a beautiful bride!!

Denise said...

Ya'll look so young!!!!!!!!! like babies. Congrats!!!!!!!

Kelley said...

Happy anniversary!!! Fifteen years. Wow!!!! I totally love this photo of you two, you look so young and innocent. Marrying your best friend is the best way to go. And I think your sentiments about the "spouse loving you in spite of yourself" if very profound.

Cory said...

Goodness! I keep forgetting how young y'all were....