Monday, February 5

Not Long Now!

I had a pretty good report at the doctor's office Friday, but my OB thought it would be best if I went ahead and took off until I have the baby. My blood pressure was up a bit (not horrible) and I'd started retaining some fluid. Nothing major. I think he new I was just really tired because both times he came in the exam room, I was asleep! I went in Friday afternoon for a few hours and feel like I left a million loose ends, but I know the office won't close down without me! Besides, I've already called once to tell them a few things I'd forgotten to write down.

Got my hair done Saturday. Can't have little Abby meet me with terrible roots showing! Not to mention all the pictures. Other than that, mostly relaxed. Did some laundry and put away some of Abby's new stuff from the baby showers. Sunday we really didn't do much of anything at all. And we didn't watch the Super Bowl! I'll even top that: It's 8:35 pm Monday and I don't even know who WON the Super Bowl. LOL. UnAmerican? Nah, just otherwise occupied.

Today Ashleigh and I both woke up feeling fine, in happy moods, so I decided I was up to going shopping to stock the pantry, etc. for the next couple of weeks. It honestly seemed like a good idea at the time. But man, did it kick my bootie! We took lunch out to Kenneth and visited with him and a few of his co-workers then came home. And we both slept for over 2 1/2 hours! That was nice. And, the beauty of my shopping trip? Only 2 bags had to come in immediately. Poor Kenneth got to haul everything else in when he got home. ; )

Back to the Main Event: We have to be at Labor & Delivery by 6am Thursday. I have a feeling that's one day I'm not going to have trouble getting out of bed! I have a call list made out and am hoping to have a very dear friend (Kelley!) post the information, hopefully along with a few photos on my blog. The photo part will require the help of some of Kenneth's co-workers, but they helped us out last time, I'm sure they will this time too.

So the next couple of days I'll be spending loads of time with Ashleigh, making sure everything is packed,and keeping the house clean. All the while getting lots of rest!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

We're down to the wire now, aren't we!!!! So exciting! And happy to hear that you are NOT working now. You need the rest, and no stress!!!

I will gladly post whatever however whenever you need me to...just let me know! I'm so excited to get the news myself!!

Cory said...

I'm really glad to hear that you are taking the week off this time. And I'm so excited to be coming up!!! I'm glad everything is going well and I'll check in with you later this week! (If I get in from the gym AND remember!)

Gina said...

OH how exciting! I can't wait to see all your new photos when the time comes : )