Thursday, May 11

Little Reminders

Sometimes it's good to pay attention to the little (and not-so-little) reminders of how truly blessed you are with your life. It's so easy to get bogged down in all the negativity.

Little reminders I've had lately:
::Several weeks ago, on my way to an appointment I drove by what I can best describe as row houses. They are so tiny, and look like they might fall over in a strong wind. They would fit inside the living/dining room/kitchen of our home. And I'm pretty sure there are two "living spaces" in each of those buildings! And no air conditioning.

::A co-worker is going through chemo right now to fight off cancer AND her mother is in a hospital a few hours away fighting cancer. My co-worker got a call this morning that she needed to go be with her mom...keep them in your prayers.

::I hear people talk about their unhappy marriages and other related problems and feel so thankful that Kenneth and I have a solid marriage.

::I learn about others losing their children to birth defects and am reminded how blessed we are that Ashleigh is healthy.

::When I watch Ashleigh sleeping (or playing) I'm so overwhelmed with love. I thank God every day that he allowed me to become a mother.

::Seeing Kenneth and Ashleigh together remind me how blessed I am to have married a man who is a wonderful Daddy.

Have you had any little reminders of how blessed you are?

2 comments:

Kelley said...

It's always good to focus on these positive things...good for you!!! So much more could be wrong in all of our lives. It's easy to forget that. Thanks for the reminder!!!

Kim :) said...

Great post!! Reminding our self of these things is always a good idea! I have a wonderful life, anytime I am feeling down I have to stop and look at the things you just mentioned as well!