Sunday, May 7

Superhuman Mommy Powers & the Pimp Hat

Saturday was the Market Street Festival in Columbus. Diane (mother-in-law) and I took a cranky Ashleigh to her first festival ever. The weather was perfect and I was excited just to be out with two people I enjoy spending time with. Kenneth being there would have made it better, but he had plans with his brother, several hours away. :(

We only stayed about an hour, Ash was a little bipolar-squealing happy one minute, whining and fussy the next. I tried some teething tablets, and just succeeded in making her look like she'd been sucking on a powdered donut. So after she got a temporary "Girls Rule" tattoo, a balloon, and a Dora the Explorer beach ball, we headed out. OH! she did get to see some "teenage" ducks up close (not babies, not grown--so what do you call them?) some rabbits and some parrots. We was a little too cranky to try the petting zoo and pony rides. Maybe next year...

Next we stopped by a thrift store. After a few failed attempts, I managed to get a dose of Motrin down Ashleigh. (Enter Superhuman Mommy Powers) I basically put her in a headlock, held her mouth open, kept her arms pinned down, gave her a dropper full of medicine AND made sure she swallowed it. Yes, we were in the middle of the store. And no, I wasn't embarrassed at all. She was her happy self in less than 10 minutes.

Next we went to a dollar store where Diane bought Ashleigh a fuzzy purple hat. (Enter the Pimp Hat) Ashleigh just loves hats and makes a cute little pimp! ;)

The afternoon included a visit from a satellite service guy, who fixed what the first guy did wrong when he installed it last weekend. Now if I can just learn where all my favorite channels are on this system, I'll be happy!

Got 2 rooms and the hallway steam-cleaned and various other cleaning done Saturday afternoon.

Visited some neighbors, found some nail "treatment" that promises to keep my nails from splitting and chipping as well as a great neutral color--possible candidate for my sister's wedding and scored some great grocery deals. All with Ashleigh wearing her Pimp Hat. She slept through most of the shopping, though...

Today was MUCH more laid back. So much so that the living room and her room and littered with toys...almost like I never cleaned.

Kenneth brought me a Clarion Ledger (he always brings me newspapers when he goes somewhere) so I went through it, clipped out a few eye-catching ads.

WEEKEND MOVIES: Saturday-"The In-Laws" with Michael Douglas, Candice Bergen. It was pretty good. Sunday-"Jersey Girl" Totally get why this one bombed. I mean, when is Hollywood going to learn to go happy, funny romantic comedy OR serious pull-at-your-heartstrings, too real to life? You just can't mix the two and expect good things. Another example of this type thing (to me) "Raising Helen" I got the impression from all the previews it would be pretty funny. Ummmm.....not so much. SO, I hated it!

Anyway, I'll try to get a shot of Ashleigh in her Pimp Hat tomorrow morning to post, along with my scrapbook layouts from last weekend!

3 comments:

Kim :) said...

I could totally picture you holding Ashley down giving her that Mortin.. I have been lucky in that area. My kids always have practically begged for medicines! They still do! Sure makes things easier.

Sounds like you had a good weekend.

Looking forward to the pictures!

Cory said...

PIMP HAT!!!

Pammylew said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!!!!! I know they will be absolutely adorable!!!!