Monday, October 30

Another week goes by

I've had all sorts of random thoughts flowing through my mind lately. Not helped by the fact that I spent a good chunk of time cuddling a sickly toddler this weekend. Or going to my niece's 2nd birthday party which reminded me very much what my life will be like very soon. A 2-year-old of our own in just over a month; and a newborn of our own in just over 3 months. Oh. My. God. How will ever get ready for Abby's arrival? There's so much to be done and things keep getting in the way. Like steam cleaning the living room carpet where Ashleigh was sick. But enough of that talk...

Everyone ready for Halloween? I am. I'm going to be a pregnant woman. I've been working on the costume for over 6 months now. ; ) Hope Ashleigh is up to trick-or-treating. We're only planning on about 3 houses anyway, so it's not like we're planning an all-night event. She was sick last year and didn't get to trick-or-treat, so if we don't get to go this year, I'll seriously consider not even getting a costume next year!

Kenneth had to dig a grave this weekend. Yep, a real, in-the-cemetery to put someone's grandfather in grave. Not from scratch, mind you, he hasn't started a second career. He and his Dad went by the cemetery where Kenneth's grandparents are buried and noticed this grave (for a funeral that afternoon) was half-way done, to put it nicely. So they went and got some shovels and finished it up. You might call it a nice thing to do, good deed for the week/year/month, but you know what I call it? Karma! See that morning, he made a comment about me attending to my maidly duties when I was mopping (he was joking) so I told him that's what he gets!

Well, I better go. Sick little girl to take care of...

2 comments:

Cory said...

Hope she gets to feeling better. And you know that you will get everything done.

Kelley said...

Girl, it sounds a little like you're beginning to freak out about Abby's arrival...deep breaths...everything will get done...you'll be a damn good mother of two...no stressing now!

And the "pregnant woman" costume...that's classic! You are too funny...I miss you!