Friday, October 13

Loving the Cooler Weather

Fall is making a guest appearance in North Mississippi and I am enjoying it tremendously. The sky is the most beautiful shade of blue, the high's supposed to be in the mid-60's and there's just enough of a breeze to put some pep in your step. Or make some people bundle up like Eskimos. But we'll discuss the "freezy-weezy's another time.

I wish the leaves were turning a bit more already. I'm going to try to get some good outdoor shots of Ashleigh this weekend. We haven't had a photo shoot in quite awhile. It's also time for my next "belly shot" so maybe I can work that in too. And as always, I plan to make more progress in making our extra room Abby's room. (Bet you'll all be glad when I get THAT done!)

I've had lots of random thoughts lately (even more than the Forest Gump tirade) but they're just a little too random and jumbled to even try to sort out here. So I'll fill you in on my latest doctor's appointment, which was yesterday.

First off, all is well. Abby's heart rate was 151 (perfect) and I was a little alarmed by my blood pressure, 138/80, the doctor didn't mention it. I know that's not really too high, but last month it was 112/60! Quite a jump, I think... I did have a little scare though. I had some bleeding Thursday morning. I didn't freak out, and even debated on telling the doctor because I knew he'd want to "investigate" and I just really wasn't wanting to do that yesterday. But of course, the well-being of my child overrides any silly modesty and shyness on my part, so I told him. And he investigated. And found absolutely nothing wrong. And trust me, he looked. And looked. I have a sneaking suspicion (dread) that the stupid bladder infection is STILL here and causing the trouble. Guess I'll know in a couple of days. He also told me that weird back/hip pain think was sciatic nerve irritation. That's just great! I just pray that by following his tips and suggestions it won't turn into that excruciating, shooting down my leg pain. That would really suck! But then again, what's a little pain for a beautiful darling child? Totally worth it to me!

3 comments:

Cory said...

Sorry things haven't been going perfect on the pregnancy front, but I'm sure everything will be ok.
I'm loving the cooler weather too. I even had to take a wind breaker to the movies Friday night. I didn't REALLY need it in the theater, but it was chilly when we got out after midnight. :)
Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Kelley said...

Freezy Weezies! Oh, that cracked me up!!!! Glad you are enjoying the cooler weather...I am too!

Glad too that you told your doctor about the scare. Keep a close eye on everything, we don't want anything happening to that sweet babe!!

Anonymous said...

YOU NEED TO SEE A CHIROPRACTOR FOR THAT SCIATICA MISSY. THEY CAN WORK ON YOU BEING PREGGERS SO DONT USE THAT AS AN EXCUSE. THE ADJUSTMENT WILL HELP YOU FEEL BETTER ALL AROUND AND CAN EVEN LOWER YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE. FIND A GOOD ONE AND GO THRU OUT YOUR PREGNANCY. GLAD EVERYTHING ELSE IS GOING GOOD FOR YOU.