Monday, February 26

Hanging in There!

Well, we're all doing pretty well, I'm happy to report. While there are new challenges this time-dealing with a toddler and a newborn, I've got to say that overall it is much easier this time. We aren't as stressed out every second of every day about that baby's well-being. Only every third second-LOL! But Abby is doing really well and Ashleigh is adjusting quite well to being a big sister. She still can be a little overly-clingy to me from time to time, but I know it could be quite worse. And sometimes I don't know if Ashleigh is acting up because she's two or because there's a baby in the house. I little of both, I suspect.

I personally haven't had the urge to cry for no reason (or any silly reason) in several days now and I'm sure Kenneth is very happy about that. One night, he came out of our bathroom after helping Ashleigh with her bath to find me in the nursery with Abby crying my eyes out. I finally managed to explain to him I was crying because everything was just so wonderful. Abby is so sweet and listening to them playing and laughing across the hall just did me in; we are so blessed to have a happy marriage and two wonderful healthy daughters. I was tellling the truth, but I still don't know if I ever convinced him that I wasn't crying because he'd done something wrong! But the rest of the night he teased me by telling Ashleigh that they couldn't be too sweet or have too much fun, Mommy might start crying again!

Last post I think I promised a funny story. This isn't a story really, but it is funny. A couple of times Ashleigh has managed to get my breast pump off the counter and pretend that she's pumping milk for Baby Abby. I think it's sweet and hilarious, Kenneth doesn't find it as amusing as I do.


I took some photos of the girls this weekend and as I told Kelley, they aren't the great professional quality photos I envisioned, they are better than a polaroid!


RRRAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't post my pictures. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!! When I click browse to upload a pic, the window changes and it won't let me browse to find the photos. Damn PC...... Oh well, I e-mailed the photos to some people; sorry if you aren't one of them. I might have to get someone to post them for me. BLAH!!!!

4 comments:

Cory said...

Sorry you weren't able to post the pics, but I sent them to Brandi, Cat and Casey, and they loved them.

I personally think that is a funny story about Ashleigh and the pump, but I know how Kenneth is too...

Cat said...

I LOVED THE PICS!!! Cory sent them to me, and they are just TOOO cute. Try not to cry too much, they may try and medicate you like they did to me saying I was crying too much :) Alls well that ends well :)

Kim :) said...

reading this post made me remember the days after we brought Brandon home. Gary and I found that we weren't so worried about every little peep Brandon made and we really got to enjoy the time with him better I think.

Thanks for sharing the pictures with me I loved them all! Two beautiful daughters you have there!

Kelley said...

Ah, the emotional rollar coaster after having a baby. I feel for you, my friend. Chris and I were just talking about this, about another friend who had a baby. He (and the girl's hubby) just couldn't understand why she couldn't just suck it up and get over it. HA! Men are so funny sometimes. They really have no idea!!!

And that breast pump story is quite funny!!!!