Thursday, February 22

Two Weeks Already?

I can not believe our youngest daughter is two weeks old already! Time really does fly when you're having fun.

And dividing your attention between two lovely daughters and a great husband.

And pumping endlessly, it seems. (I'll explain that in a moment!)

And there is the sleep deprivation, but it hasn't been that bad. Yet. Knock on wood!

We are all doing really well. Today Abby had here two week check-up and she weighed 10 lbs. 6.5 oz., up from 10 lbs. at last weeks check-up. Her pediatrician, Dr. Clements (love her!) said she was happy with that because she lost quite a bit of weight after birth, mostly just fluid, she thought.

Oh!! Before I forget: THANK YOU SO MUCH KELLEY FOR POSTING FOR ME!!! I will find time to call you, I promise!

The Big Day
Kenneth and I arrived about 5:50am at the hospital and the nurses starting getting me ready for my surgery. My parents arrived about 6:30 am and then we were waiting on the doctors, etc. to arrive. A nice man came and told me he'd be doing my spinal block and how all that would go. Before I knew it, I was being wheeled off to the OR where it was approximately 10 degrees below zero!!! After they put the THIRD heated blanket on me and I was still shivering uncontrollably, they decided to kill the AC. Then the "nice man" proceded to try to do my spinal and bent quite a few needles on my spine. Oh yeah, it hurt! And I know he bent them because he'd say so and ask for a new one. Dr. Murphree did the spinal on the first try. I really like him. I was so glad when it took effect because I wasn't cold anymore. Then Kenneth came in and we were underway. As Dr. Otey was getting started, he asked how big we thought Abby would be. I guessed about 8 lbs., Kenneth about 9. As soon as they saw her head, they knew she was over 9. But nobody guessed 10 lbs. 12 oz.!!

About 9:30, my parents had to leave and come to our house to keep Ashleigh. She was sick, as was my mother-in-law. Diane (MIL) had to have lots of tests run and has a few more to do tomorrow. She has some intestinal problems that will require surgery, so please keep her in your thoughts.

Kenneth had to come home Thursday night and keep Ashleigh. That's right, all by myself the first night. But I was just fine. Things rocked right along, had a few visitors--but not many, too many people sick! But thank GOD the doctor let me come home Saturday morning. I missed Ashleigh so much I thought I'd die.

We got home and Ash was so excited to meet her sister, she is such a little mama.

I'll try to post a few cute stories and maybe even more photos soon.

2 comments:

Kim :) said...

Great to see your post!! WOW! It is hard to believe it has been two weeks already! Can't wait to see more pictures. :)

I will Keep Diane in my thoughts and prayers that all goes well with her upcoming surgery!

Enjoy your time at home with both of those babies. :)

Cory said...

It's hard to believe that it's been two weeks already. WOW! I'm sure everything will be fine with Diane, and she'll be in my prayers.