Friday, September 8

TGIF

Well, I'm sure glad it's Friday! (Like most people, I'm sure.)

I'm feeling much better than yesterday; thank God!

It was a pretty quiet evening at the Taylor home last night. I watched a Discovery Health show last nigh, From Conception to Birth, I think was the name of it. OH MY GOD!!! And please keep in mind that this bit of freaking out is from a woman who watched every birthing show I could find when pregnant with Ashleigh and prayed I wouldn't have a C-section. Well, last night just re-affirmed my commitment to keep my scheduled C-section this time around. I'd had this little, itsy, bitsy, tiny little notion in the back of my mind that IF I actually started dialating, etc. and went into labor this time, I might just go with the flow and give the "regular" way a chance. (I didn't say natural, because some people might think I mean without drugs and you can bet your booty that ain't gonna happen!) But thanks to Discovery Health, no way. Nope. Not that it wouldn't be worth it, but I'll just stick with what I know.

This morning was actually fun at home. Ashleigh woke up early (just before 6am) in a good mood and Kenneth and I were in good moods as well. They were playing when I got out of the shower and the sounds of them laughing made me so happy.

No big plans this weekend. Just a trip to Tupelo to see my Mom in the hospital. She had a total knee replacement Tuesday and was able to get into the recovery unit or whatever they call it. She'll get about a week of intensive physical therapy before she goes home. I'm excited about that because even though she's doing really well, this means she'll do even better! It will be interesting to see how Ashleigh does in the hospital, though. Considering how she freaks out at the doctor's office. Guess we'll just play that by ear...

I'm also very excited about Monday morning: we have an ultrasound appointment about 10:15. So the next time you hear from me, I'll probably be telling you if we'll be having a boy or girl!!! I'm so excited!!! I need to revisit a website I found that lists all sorts of wive's tales to determine the gender. I need to do them this weekend so I can see how accurate they are!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

M said...

I have a friend and her guess has been 98% accurate. If you look like death warmed over=girl; if you look radiant and beautiful=boy. She's been dead on more often than not.

God's blessings to you and your expanding family. :-D

Paddle Out for Whales said...

Oh how exciting! Good luck with the ultrasound I can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or a girl! That's so damn exciting! All the best!

Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog. Really great to hear from you. Yes just tragic about Steve Irwin. Mourners are STILL taking flowers to the zoo. There are thousans upon thousands of bunches of flowers being taken there. Apparently they had a private funeral at the zoo for him on Saturday morning. He will be buried at the zoo. Just so horrible. We've lost a really passionate human being.

As for me...not doing too well. I will try and post later to fill you on on where I stand with things today.

Take care...

Frenchy

Cory said...

You had better call me when you get out. It's not even 11 yet and I'm anxious to know!!!!
:)

Kelley said...

Hope you had a good visit with your mom...is she doing well???

And I know the sex of the baby! :) But I'll let you tell the news here...