Thursday, February 26

Missing Sis

I'd had another post planned for today; but a thought struck me as I was getting ready for work this morning.

I miss my sister.

I wish we lived closer together. She was 12 (I think) when I got married; 8 or 9 when I left for college. With the age difference, after Mom returned to work, I felt like a second mom a lot of the time. Not in a bad way though.

Now, she lives in Hattiesburg with her hubby. They have a great life there with friends etc. and for the sake of simplicity I'll say we live in the Columbus area. For those of you not up on your Mississippi geography-that means it takes several hours of driving to get together. And I just don't like that. If I could just rearrange the state a little, that'd be great! Who cares if MSU, MUW and USM were a stone's throw from one another? I know my parents would love it!

I just think it would be nice to be closer together so we could hang out more. Maybe work out together. We wouldn't be together every waking moment by any means. She and Josh are still practically newlyweds-KT and I will soon celebrate anniversary 15 with our daughters in tow. We have wildly different interests. Sometimes when she gives me idea lists for Christmas gifts I have to consult with others as to what exactly some things are where to find them! I dearly love my Mac; she and Josh are both in computer fields and are PC all the way. KT would side with them there, I'm sure. And while I do work on my computer all day as a graphic designer and know some basic maintenance stuff, I'm screaming to the top of my lungs when something's not working properly. Cory and Josh are in the business of fixing problems for people like me. Cory put purple streaks in her hair not too long ago and while I make no secret of coloring my hair, I definitely want it to look natural!

I'm not angling for a favor or trying to butter her up for anything. I just miss my sister, that's all.

3 comments:

Cory said...

I MISS YOU TOO!!! Maybe one day we'll figure out how to rearrange the state that way!

And I really need to do my streaks again...

Kelley said...

Aww...I'm sure that Cory feels the same! It would be nice to be closer together for sure...even with your differences.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel even though Becky and I are alot closer in age, unlike you and Cory, and we fought like crazy as kids there are days that I miss knowing my sister is asleep down the hall. There is no other love like 2 sisters.

Denise