Wednesday, February 25

On the upswing...maybe

Well, yesterday was my "I think I might die" day! I originally planned on staying home with Abby, my youngest, who was running fever for no obvious reason. But she got up and going and was fine. I couldn't keep my mind off work because we have a magazine deadlining soon and tons of work to do for that. After about 4 text messages to co-workers for various things, I decided I might as well go in and get a little work done. I managed to work 11:30-4. It was a test of my endurance but I survived. I went home and crashed after taking some prescription decongestant/cough medicine I'd forgotten we had. And to address Kelley's comment on my previous post: Kenneth really does about all he can to make them let me rest. But they are at the age where that's much easier said than done. Ashleigh wants to take care of me like I do her; and at two, Abby just knows what she wants and expects to get it right that second. And what she usually wants is me. I'll be so glad when this stage ends. Ashleigh was bigger tantrums less often. Sometimes it seems like one tantrum ends when another begins with Abby. Kenneth says that's my side of the family coming out. : )

One of the worst things about being sick to me is the recovery period. You know, when you aren't really sick, but still feel weak and cruddy. Blah!

Watched Biggest Loser last night. I thought Bob and the team members he lost were a little over the top with their reaction to the situation. Of course, that's easy for me to say because I'm not there living with all the stress and emotional and mental fatigue they're dealing with. Wonder what will happen tonight. Maybe it won't be such a struggle to stay awake for tonight's episode.

Well, it's time to get back to work, even though I'd rather take a nap...

1 comment:

Cory said...

He would think we are the demanding ones, wouldn't he? LOL
Hope you get to feeling better.