Monday, February 9

A "New" Blog

I put new in quote marks because it's still the same URL; I just changed the name. I haven't posted in over a year, but I didn't want to start an entirely new blog. This is still under construction...it will probably stay that way.

Hopefully this will differ from my last attempt at blogging because the whole point of it is to express and explore those parts of me not related to motherhood. Sometimes I think the girls are overtaking every aspect of my life. It's very easy for me to let that happen. I love them and Kenneth (my husband) beyond words but I know it is vitally important for me to have an identity separate from "mother" and "wife." I'm probably not doing a good job at expressing what I'm trying to say; but hopefully you get the idea. This is basically the online equivalent of "me time." Of course, photos and stories about the family will pop up from time to time because they are a HUGE part of my life!

One thing I'm currently working on is my overall health. Not just diet and exercise, but all of it. Of course the diet and exercise is more a struggle than the rest of it.

Here's a list of my motivations for a healthier lifestyle:
::I want the be the happiest I can be.
::I want to be healthy to help me live a long and fulfilling life.
::I want to set a good example for my children and hopefully prevent them from having the same weight struggles I've had my entire life.
::I want to be comfortable in my own skin.
::I want to be able to look at photos of myself and not almost cry in embarrassment.

So far I've lost 5.5 lbs. That took over a month which is just pathetic to me. Of course, I'm proud of what I've accomplished, but I also know I've not given it my best efforts. I hate knowing that; but it's true. I have plenty of excuses, but that's all they are: excuses! So enough of that! Off to the gym I go...

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Wooo hooooooooooooo! I am so excited to see this! Yay! I'll settle for weekly posts...that's much better than yearly :)

Cory said...

It's kinda sad Jackie... I was reading your post from a feed reader. And thinking "That sounds JUST like something my sister would say..."
Then click the link to go to the site, and BAM! It was, in fact, my sister. Now wonder it sounded like you!

It's great to see you blogging again, and I love the new header. Personally, I think 5.5 pounds in a month is just FANTASTIC. Keep it up!

Aimee H Shaw said...

5.5 lbs IS great! I think 1 lb. a week is 'the norm' or something like that when you're trying to lose weight. Now, we're not on the Biggest Loser...lol I'd freakin' DIE!

Kenneth, Ginger and I started biking the Riverwalk. You should do that with us sometime - it's really fun - and alot more exercise, but doesn't feel like it - lol