Monday, February 13

Busy, Busy, BUSY!

Busy at work, busy at home....and I don't even have that little "it'll slow down after the holidays" mantra to recite in my head when I get overwhelmed!

For those who don't know, I work at a newspaper and our biggest special section of the year deadlines soon so we are swamped. And at home, well...I work full-time, have a husband, a 14-month old daughter and a cat. And all the housework that come with that. ; )

Pam, her hubby and son, Rachel and her children came to the house Saturday to scrapbook. And we ate. Alot. Rachel threated her son's life a time or two, which lead to one of many funny moments in our day: Rachel is holding Clay by his wrist, telling him what she'll do to him if he doesn't behave and he tells her that she's cutting off his insulation. Most of the others were more of a visual nature and wouldn't translate well here.

I got 4 pages completed and 3 more planned. Ashleigh was really fussy Saturday night and Sunday. Her jaw teeth are coming in and they are hurting her pretty badly, I think. My poor baby.

And for all of you out there who are into digital cameras, tell me what you use. I've pretty much settled on a Canon PowerShot S2 IS. It's 5MP with a 12X optical zoom. Not sure about digital zoom, because I wouldn't use that anyway. I'd love to get a Nikon D50 or D70, OR a Canon Digital Rebel, but those are out of my price range. (I'm trying to stick around $500--don't wan't to blow our entire refund!!!)

I'd make the promise here to blog more regularly, but who am I kidding? Maybe in another week or two...

5 comments:

Kelley said...

Just glad to see a post! We won't make you promise a thing...

Sounds like a good weekend! But sorry you're so busy at work! It will slow down, one day. I know it will!

Cory said...

Well, you know about my Kodak. It's a great camera, but not nearly as much as what you want. Don't think I know anyone using anything big like that, but I'll ask my friends to tell you what they are using.

Anonymous said...

Hello... I just purchased a Fujifilm Finepix F10. I have been very pleased with it. I only paid $289 for it at SAMs Club. Here are some specs on it ....
*Newly-developed 1/1.7-inch Super CCD HR sensor with 6.3 million effective pixels
*3x optical zoom lens (36mm - 108mm equiv.)
*2.5-inch LCD
*Wide range of ISO settings (80/100/200/400/800/1600)
*VGA movie recording at 30 fps with sound
*Fast start-up and operation

:) Brandi

Paddle Out for Whales said...

Hey Jackie,

Canon's are great in my opinion. Always get a clear sharp picture with them. You wouldn't want to go any less than 3MP so 5 is great. I usually have mine set at a smaller pixel anyway and the enlargements always turn out fine. Optical zoom is the most important part not digital. So the more optical zoom the better.I use (or used as mine is still on its death bed) a Sony DSCw05. It's a great Camera in every way possible. I will eventually get a new one...soon I hope. :( Now I'm all sad thinking about the little guy :(

Kim :) said...

Nice to see a post from you, I hope things settle down to a dull roar for you soon!

Yeah!! Glad to hear you were able to scrap this weekend also! I got lots done myself.

Not sure about the digital camera quesion. We have one but I am not at all happy with it. Good luck finding one though!