Wednesday, February 15

Photo Magic

The other day in all my free time (ha ha ha) I decided to play around with this photo of Ashleigh. I'll show you my final version, then the original, then tell you what I did. So if you don't care what I did, you can easily skip it. : )

The FInished Product


What I Started With


Don't you just LOVE Photoshop? I do!

First, I made 2 copies of the original layer. On the top layer, I applied a surface blur that gives Ashleigh that softer look, almost like a painting. On the middle layer, I applied a lens blur, to obscure the background. I applied a mask to the top layer, and painted on it to reveal the blurred background on the middle layer, then I merged the top two layers. Then I applied a mask and then painted on that to reveal the red heart on her jumper underneath. I started to make her shirt red too, but decided that it was too much. Next I set the pencil opacity to about 10% and colored her eyes blue. This was about the third way I tried to do that and got the most satisfactory results with it. Then, I cropped it.

Sorry if the little tutorial bored you, but I just don't have alot to talk about right now!

7 comments:

Cory said...

I like it!

Kelley said...

Very nice photoshop work!! You rock!

Gina said...

Great job, it looks so sweet.

Kim :) said...

Great job!!! I so need to learn photoshop!! You guys can do so many cool things with it. That is a beautiful picture indeed!

Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

LOVE IT! But of course you had good subject material to start with.

Paddle Out for Whales said...

Don't you just LOVE photoshop. It's great. Just amazing that you can start with the most ordinary of photo's and end up with something cool like what you did.

Danielle said...

Nice job. I love photoshop!!!