Wednesday, July 12

Due Date: February 15



Here's a look at our little peanut, about an inch long right now. Everything about our little one (and my inner workings) looks great, and we even got to hear the heartbeat yesterday. A heartrate of 176 seems awfully fast, but that's normal.

My doctor was really happy for us and answered all my questions. I don't know what came over me, but I didn't even ask him everything I intended to. I think it's because Kenneth was sitting there, I don't know... But I can now safely take certain sinus medicines which is a great relief!

He said he wanted me to come back to see him in 3-4 weeks, but my appointment is actually 5 weeks away, August 18. I'll have another ultrasound at that time (YAY!) just as a precaution since I was on the pill (Ortho Tri-Cyclen, just in case you're wondering) when I got pregnant. I think he's going to want to see me more often this time, for whatever reason. When I asked when we'd find out the sex of the baby, he said about 18 weeks-three visits from yesterday's visit. Well, that'd be 3 visits in 10 weeks (really closer to 9 weeks) and that's alot more than once a month by my calculations! But I don't mind, whatever they think is best. I don't care if I get ultrasounds at every visit! Hearing the heartbeat is nice, but actually seeing your little one is very exciting!

Ashleigh has been sick, with another urinary tract infection. Now they want her to have some tests to make sure there aren't any underlying problems. : ( I don't think there are. I think that it's the first one rearing it's ugly head because giving Ms. Priss her medicine is, well...really, really difficult. Do you know how hard it can be to force an uncooperative toddler to swallow? If not, you are truly blessed!

6 comments:

Kelley said...

Awww! That's a cute little peanut! :) Glad that your appointment went so well yesterday and that you can take those sinus meds! That's a relief! I'm sure it all seems a little more "real" now, yes? Enjoy every minute!

Hope Ashleigh is feeling better!!!

Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

Congrats!

Cory said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad that everything is going well. Hopefully Ashleigh will get better soon. Maybe you should see if you can mix her medicine in with something to make her take it easier? Of course, I know NOTHING about children, so that might not be something you can do...

Kim :) said...

How exciting getting to see and hear your little one!! I had several sonograms done while I was pregnant with Brandon. I enjoyed each and every one of them!

Ugh, sorry to hear that Ashleigh is sick! You are so right, giving medicine to an octopus (oh, I mean toddler) isn't an easy task!

Anonymous said...

HEY GIRL!! I WAS READING THE BLOGS ON KELLEYS BLOG CUZ IM BORED AND READ ABOUT MISS ASHLEYS UTI'S. I ASKED DR K ABOUT IT AND HE SAID THE CAUSES CAN BE DIRTY DIAPER TOO LONG , MAYBE BUBBLE BATH? NOT DISSOLVING, OR IF SHE IS POTTY TRAINED SHE SHOULD WEAR COTTON PANTIES NOT SILKY ONES.
HOPE THAT HELPS. I KNOW HOW PAINFUL UTI CAN BE. POOR LITTLE ASHLEIGH. AND CONGRATS ON NUMBER 2!!!! I HOPE ALL GOES WELL. ENJOY THE PREGNANCY CUZ TWO IS ALOT MORE WORK THAN ONE!! ALTHOUGH I STOPPED AFTER MY ONE PERFECT DAUGHTER.
I KEEP CHECKING YOUR BLOG PERIODICALLY SO I CAN KEEP UP WITH ALL YOUR STUFF. I JUST DONT ANSWER. (TICKS KELL OFF CUZ I DONT ANSWER ON HER BLOG EITHER)
ANGIE

Paddle Out for Whales said...

Oh that's so exciting to see your ultrasound. Makes it all very real to see that baby growing inside of you! I can't believe you got pregnant on the pill? HOW? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? I'd be interested to know...Scary stuff! Isn't that supposed to be like 99.9% safe?

Anyway...glad your well. I hope little Ashlee gets better soon!

Frenchy :)