Wednesday, August 16

This and That

I've had so many random thoughts the past few days, and of course, since I didn't write them down, they're gone...probably forever. But here are a few:

::When I get old, I hope I'm not one of those old women who look like they just got through sucking on a lemon. I mean, has their life really been THAT bad?

::I washed a glass by hand last night for the first time in years. I'll wash plastic cups, but little scared of the glass. I've got a big old scar on my left index finger to show why. The boogers are wicked if they break while your hand is in it!

::It still amazes me how much I love my daughter. I really didn't even know that kind of love existed. And I love lots of people. It's just different when it's your child. And humbling to know my Mom feels the same toward me.

::I don't really get the whole "being stressed out" thing. I mean, over some things-like life and death situations-sure. But work? Not really. And that's not just the Prozac talking, either. I learned a long time ago it's just not worth it.

::I'm such a pregnant geek. I'm all excited because the doctor's office called yesterday and moved my appointment from 10 to 8 Friday morning. So I'll get my ultrasound 2 hours earlier!! I can do without the poking and prodding that will come after on this visit, but I'm all about an ultrasound. She MIGHT be able to tell the gender, but I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up. I'm sure we'll have to wait on that until next month. ; (

Enough of my idle ramblings...here are some photos!

Ashleigh riding around "our property" ; ) with her Daddy on the 4-wheeler. She loves it!



Looking pretty at the baby shower Sunday afternoon:


Our girl loves her ravioli! AND cutting up for the camera...


4 comments:

YankeeAmanda said...

I can't believe how big she's gotten! TOO cute! I just know she's gonna be a great big sister!

Gina said...

Great, great thoughts! Your pics are so adorable, she really has the most precious face!

Kelley said...

Holy moly, does she EVER like her raviloi!!! Those pics are funny. And she looks like a little angel in that dress.

Thanks for sharing some thoughts...can't wait to hear how the sonogram goes!!!!

Kim :) said...

Adorable pictures! She really does love those ravilois!!

Enjoyed reading your thoughts. :) Crossing my fingers that they can tell the gender of the little one during this sonogram!