Thursday, December 29

A little insight

I consider myself a nice, friendly person. But I do have a "dark side."

This can be quite evident when standing in a check out line. If I have a buggy full of items, I will often let the person with one or two things go ahead of me. I've even been known to give a stranger in front of me some change when they come up short. I'll chat with people sometimes, and I'll usually tell the cashier it's OK when they apologize for my wait.

But woe unto the idiot who pisses me off.

The other day, in Dollar General (for cryin' out loud!) there was an extremely rude woman. You could hear her being rude all over the little store. Well, it was lunch time and the check out line was sort of long. There were 3 people in front of me, a nice lady behind me, then Rude Woman, and some people behind her. The cashier was doing the best she could, and Rude Woman was yelling at her things like "Can you go faster?" and "Isn't there someone else who can check?" It got so bad, the lady between me and Rude Woman decided she needed to do some more shopping. I got to the register and placed my Gain Island Fresh Fabric Softener and gum on the counter. I pulled out my checkbook as my items were rang up and had the suspected amount of cash in my hand. Keep that in mind. The money was in my hand. The cashier told me the total and as I was handing her the money, Rude Woman says, "Would you hurry up?!" OH NO, SHE DID NOT! I turned and looked at her, giving her the Death Glare. I then smiled at the cashier and told her I thought I had exact change for that 42¢. I slowly dug through my bag and found my little change purse. I then dumped it on the counter and counted out the 42¢ in nickels and pennies. I had quarters. But explained I had to use those for the drink machine at work. OH.....I thought Rude Woman was going to have a stroke! But everyone else thought it was pretty darn funny. I'll admit that I made my way to my vehicle quickly afterward, for fear of retribution. (For any Dane Cook fans, I was NOT gazelle like, though!)

So there is a little insight into me. I'm really nice, unless you piss me off. ; )

4 comments:

YankeeAmanda said...

Isn't revenge so sweet! I bet she was apoplectic! Good for you!

Kelley said...

Oh my goodness, I am cracking up! I can totally see it! And good for you! Make that hoochie wait even longer!!!

Kim :) said...

*laguhing* I could have swore you were in my brain there for me minute!! I am SOOOO Much like that as well and would have done something exactly along those lines!

Anonymous said...

You go Girl! I would have done the same thing! :) Brandi