Friday, March 24

Getting In Gear

Well, wish me luck!

I am:
::Starting a healthier lifestyle today
::Starting to take care of myself so I can be the Mom/Wife/Friend/Person I need to be
::Being positive that I CAN and WILL do this.
::Stopping "trying" and starting "doing"
::Going to exercise at least 5 days a week, preferably 7

Bet you're wondering what's inspired me today, of all days. Well, I'll be honest. It's competition with some money for the prize.
Several of us at work (12, I think) began a weight loss "competition" today. Everyone chips in $10 and at the end of the month, whoever has lost the most weight wins all the money. My sister's wedding in 2 months also serves as motivation. I don't want people to think she chose an elephant for the matron of honor! Not that I'll be anywhere near my goal weight in 2 months, but I can look quite a bit thinner!

I've been playing at trying to be healthier with sporadic success since Ashleigh was born. But now with so many eyes watching and $120 at stake, it's ON!!! I'm so tired of not fitting in the majority of my clothes and feeling so uncomfortable in my own body that I don't want to leave the house.

I'll keep you updated. For real this time. I'm going to weigh in every Friday morning.

Have a great weekend! Mine will be busy with a wedding, (where I serve groom's cake-grrr....) completing some gift projects and cleaning my house. Joy oh joy...

4 comments:

Cory said...

Congratulations!!! Maybe I should pretend there is money at stake for me losing weight. I'm trying, but not doing so well right now.

YankeeAmanda said...

You go, girl! Hey, the way I see it, any motivation that begets change is GOOD!

Kelley said...

Yay for you! Get motivated girl...(money is ALWAYS a motivator, isn't it!)...I'll be rooting for you...you can do it...

Kim :) said...

GOOOOOOO Jackie!! You can do this! I am in a similar competition with some friends from out of town, it has really motivated me. I am in second place.. the competition ends this weekend though, so unless the guy in first place gains this week I wont win.. but I have lost 24 pounds so far!

You will do great!!