Wednesday, March 1

Long time, no blog

Just haven't been in the mood to write, I suppose. The hell that was our special section ended last week, so things might get back to normal, whatever that is...

Nothing too exciting going on the the Taylor world...
::My camera is due to be delivered Friday by UPS, that IS exciting, actually...
::Dentist appointment for some long-overdue fillings next Wednesday, BLAH!
::Dreading getting our checkbook/finances in order MUCH MORE than the dentist
::Ashleigh just gets cuter and sweeter every day
::Kenneth is still a good husband

OH! I do have one little funny story:
Monday night, I decided to try converting Ashleigh's crib to a toddler bed; just to see how she'd do with it. Other babies her age in my family have made the switch, so I figured why not? WELL...she was all excited about being able to crawl in and out of her bed. I still thought it was a little high (chest high on her) so I put a body pillow in the floor next to it. After putting her to bed, I added some more pillows because the over-protective neurotic mommy part of me was sure that even with the body pillow, she might fall out of the bed in such a way that her neck might snap. So now there was basically a pillow ramp leading up to her mattress. Fastforward to 12:15: I hear wimpering and whining over the baby monitor. I thought I'd go check because of the bed situation. I go in, she's not in the bed. She's actually nowhere NEAR the bed, She's over half-way across the room, on her belly, butt up in the air. And she's whining because she's trying to scoot forward and can't because a piece of furniture is in her way! Obviously, my pillows worked, because she never even knew she was out of her bed! The rail was back on her bed before bedtime Tuesday....

4 comments:

YankeeAmanda said...

LOL, I'm sure I'll do the same thing, practically placing another mattress on the floor that first night. It's gonna take me a long time just to not use that wedge that keeps Jadyn from flipping over!

Kelley said...

Well, there you are! I miss you, chick!!!!

And glad to hear that Kenneth is still a good husband...you know I was sooo worried about that :)

Funny little story about Ashleigh...you neurotic thing!

Hope you are having a great Wednesday!!

Cory said...

Jackie, with you and Ashleigh I never have to worry about having something to smile about!

Anonymous said...

Very cute story about Ashleigh. Kids are great! You never know what is going to happen next. Keep the funny stories comin'.