Wednesday, March 29

Look Out Texas (and other ramblings...)

That's right, all of you who live in east Texas, anyway. Kenneth, his Daddy and youngest brother are headed your way. Right now. Kenneth left about 8:30 tonight, headed to Jacksonville, TX (wherever THAT is) for the Mud Nationals. All I really know is it's a big thing where he'll ride his 4-wheeler and break in those new tires he bought about a month ago. I just made sure he packed his Singulair and inhaler, and I cleaned off the memory card of my old digital camera. So I can rest assured he'll be able to breathe and take photos. ; ) And he'll be home sometime Sunday. We'll miss him, but I'm going to be busy with last minute preparations for my sister's bridal shower. I'm leaving work at lunchtime Friday and heading up to my parent's house for the weekend. My Mom is so excited that Ashleigh will be there so long. I'm sure my Daddy is too, but you know men just don't usually show excitement like women. Spending the night away from home is a hassle because it throws our whole routine off, but that's OK. Ashleigh needs time with my side of the family (I do to!).

The "diet thing" is going quite well. Since I have crappy scales (that will be replaced with digital ones this weekend I hope) I don't know how much I've lost exactly, but I have dropped a few pounds, I think. I'm doing Weight Watchers (again--just following the plan, not going to meetings) and it's so easy to get back into the groove that it's impossible to remember why I ever stop and gain weight again. I've been working out every day too! I'd love to win the money, but losing weight and feeling better about myself is really the only prize I need.

Ashleigh is growing up too fast! She just learns new things and gets cuter and sweeter every day. It seems that way. I actually cried a little when I left her this morning. Not just because she was crying and screaming "No Mama!" when I started to leave. It just really hit me that this complete dependence she has in me; the belief that I can right all wrongs and make all hurts vanish will be gone before I know it. Sometimes it can be a little irritating when I can't have 5 seconds of peace when she's awake because she wants me playing with her constantly; but I know I'll be devastated when these times are gone. OK. Enough of that!!!

Hmmm.....I've thought of all sorts of odd & end things through the week to write about, but now I can't think of anything! Oh well, guess that means it's time to sign off!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I hope that Kenneth has a fabulous muddy time! Hopefully you won't miss him too much...

And good job on the Weight Watchers so far...I know you can do it...

And when is it that kids do realize that their parents can't make everything better? I hope that's awhile off for you!

Kim :) said...

Sounds like Kenneth will have a great time! HOpe he remembers to take lots of pictures and take his meds! :)

Way to go on the weight loss! That is fantastic. I know you will do good with it!

The kids DO grow up much to quickly. :( her now!