Monday, May 9

First Mother's Day

Since yesterday was my very first Mother's Day, it was very exciting. Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty average day�I still did some housework! But in a way, it was almost like a Thanksgiving for me. I thought alot about how blessed I am to have such a healthy, happy daughter. Not to mention a wonderful husband who is a loving father. I decided that I'd make a list of things I like about being a Mommy.

1. I love seeing Ashleigh smile and hearing her laugh.
2. I love going to the store and buying baby food. (Yeah, I'm a geek!)
3. I love feeding her; those expressions are priceless.
4. Taking her places is such great fun. Everything simply amazes her.
5. The photo opportunities are endless! Which means I'll NEVER EVER get "caught up" on my scrapbooking.
6. When I watch Kenneth with Ashleigh, I fall in love with him all over again.
7. Playing dress-up with her is so fun...she isn't old enough to complain yet.
8. Watching her sleep; she is so sweet.
9. Knowing I get to help shape her into a loving, caring and kind person.
10. The idea of doing it all again so she'll have a brother or sister.

OK, things I DON'T like so much:
1. Never knowing how much sleep I'll actually get.
2. Poop.
3. Formula. It stinks SOOOO bad!
4. Clogged tear ducts. (She's probably going to have surgery for that next month.)
5. When she screams and cries for no apparent reason. (Luckily this is not often.)
6. Exorcist baby. (This doesn't happen as often anymore, thankfully.)
7. Packing away the clothes she's outgrown.
8. Leaving her with her Mamaw every day while I go to work.
9. Putting her to bed at 8pm when I don't get home from work until 5:45pm
10. The idea of doing it all again so she'll have a brother or sister.

OK, I know the #10 is the same on both. But I think most first time Moms can relate. The idea of doing all this again is scary, but so is the idea of never getting to do it again! And let me tell you, I could list things I love about being a Mommy all day long, but I decided to limit it to 10. And being the honest person I am, I had to do a list of things I don't like. But I wouldn't trade that little girl for all the money in the world!! Even if her Daddy claims we'll take $50 for her...

3 comments:

Kelley said...

What great lists! I enjoyed reading through them, isn't it fun to think a little deeper and realize all this stuff? :) I wish I could meet Ashleigh TODAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the site Sis!!! And the lists were great.
I now have another site to follow my niece on!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim :) said...

Hi Jackie!!

I am glad to see your in the blog world now also! I love your list and and completely related to #10 on both list! I was that way after having my daughter (who is now 11) it actually took us 5 years before we would even consider the idea of having another child. When asked during that time when we were going to have another, our replay was always "NEVER" and whole heartily meant it. It wasn't because she was a bad baby, she was great. But we were scared to death, and the thought of raising another child just freaked us out even more. However, after about 5 years we talked and decided that we wanted to have another.. after two years of trying we finally had our second blessing. We wouldn't trade either one of the for all the money in the world either!