Tuesday, May 10

Keys To Happiness

OK, if you read my Day In The Life post, you've probably guessed this is one of those bored days....

Since my blog is called 'Follow Your Bliss' I thought I'd share some ways I try to stay happy and positive.

1. Cut out all unnecessary clutter, emotional or physical. If it's not needed and doesn't bring you joy, chunk it!
2. Mind your own business. This might seem strange at first, but think about it: How many times do you find yourself
worried, upset or irritated about something that quite honestly doesn't even concern you? If it doesn't affect you, a loved
one or close friend, don't give it a second thought. (Harmless gossip is OK. No spreading nasty rumors, though!)
3. Unless you REALLY want to, don't belong to clubs or organizations. Never join because you think you have to.
4. You know those people who call themselves your friend, but really aren't? They just seems to always want or need
something and generally suck the life out of you? Cut 'em out! Kenneth and I did that several years ago and our lives
improved dramatically.
5. Focus on the positive. It's so darn easy to get mired down in the negatives: not enough time, not enough money, crappy
politics at work...you get the idea. Focus on all the great things in your life. For me that would be my wonderful family,
my health, my great friends, and knowing that I'm much happier than all those people who are first class jerks!

What are some of your tips for staying happy? I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

What a great post, Jackie!

It's made me think about my "keys" to happiness. Here are a few of mine:

1. Always take a little time every day for yourself. You must nourish yourself so that you can nourish others.
2. Find something you love, and do it with all of your heart. I was so blessed when I discovered scrapbooking, it makes me so happy!
3. You can't be everything to everyone, and not everyone is going to like you.
4. Consistency, consistency, consistency. I am all about consistency.
5. Don't clutter your life with the negative. It's there, and you can't help it, but focus on the positive and keep moving forward.

Anonymous said...

Don't spend a lot of time thinking about what-ifs. Do some simple preparations, and then get it out of your head. You won't be happy if you spend your life worrying about tomorrow.