Monday, May 23

Wonderful Weekend

We had the best weekend! The only thing wrong was the shortness of it. And what I'm about to share will let you know what boring people we truly are: the farthest we got from the house was our mailbox!!!

Friday night:
Quick dinner and clean-up. Discovered Ashleigh's second tooth. Confirmed second tooth after she went to sleep, then called Grandparents to let them know.

Saturday morning: Realized Ashleigh can now roll over onto her tummy in her sleep. Awww........ Up at 8am, started laundry. Considering I ended up with SEVEN loads, that took awhile... Watched a few movies, we played with Ashleigh lots. She is such a roller now. The days of walking out of the room for longer than 60 seconds while she is on a blanket in the floor are over, I think.

Saturday evening: Invited Phillip, Kristi and Elana over for dinner. They left about 8 to buy groceries, which was fine, it was bedtime for Ashleigh. I watched Raising Helen and was SOOOO pissed!!! I was under the mistaken impressing that it was more of a comedy. Not so much... I know the premise is that her sister and brother-in-law die and she gets to raise the kids. But there are lots of shows & movies based on a rather sad thing like that and are funny. Hmph. I cried a few times. If you never saw the movie, it's dealing with the kids issues over losing their parents and stuff like that.

Sunday: More hanging out and playing. Cleaned out the fridge and organized my closet. Started going through old CK & Simple Scrapbooks to get ideas out of before I give them to a friend who's beginning to scrapbook. Took 2 naps with Ashleigh. Was still SOOOO tired, I tried to go to bed when Ashleigh did. Within 15 minutes was wide awake, so I painted my toenails and read some more of James Patterson's 3rd Degree. (Trying to go to bed at 8pm may sound bizarre, but I don't get to sleep late anymore on weekends. 8am is about it these days.)

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I don't think that makes you boring at all! Being home with your family sometimes makes for the best weekends! I'm glad your's was so good.

And though Raising Helen isn't a "comedy", it's still a good movie...but yes, will get some tears out of you, if you aren't expecting it! :)

Kim :) said...

Nope, not boring at all! I LOVE these kind of weekends when we can just stay home and enjoy family time instead of going ton 10 directions!

When the babies are this young they are literarily changing on a daily basis so take all the time you can to just sit back and watch her grow and change!