Tuesday, June 21

Father's Day, etc.

Sorry for not posting yesterday, things were crazy at work!

What a busy weekend! Mostly housework, getting ready for a houseful of family Sunday. And let me just say, I LOVED IT! Until almost 2 years ago, Kenneth I lived in such a small, cramped space, that more than 2 visitors was quite crowded. Not that we live in a mansion now, but I'm thrilled just the same. Our large open kitchen/dining/living room makes it perfect for entertaining. Too bad that pretty much all of our friends live so far away that get-togethers at our house are rare. ANYWAY, I'm getting off the subject a bit... My sister and her fiance arrived Saturday evening, just in time to give Ashleigh another toy before she was off to bed. My parents arrived Sunday morning and by 1 my father-in-law, Phillip, Kristi and Elana were there and we had a HUGE lunch. (My mother-in-law was in Illinois, visiting family.) Kenneth's other brother and his girlfriend didn't make it, but we had a good time just the same.

By about 4pm, everyone had gone home and we just relaxed, which was SO nice. Then Allen (the other brother) came by to make his apologies for not coming to lunch. He then insisted we come see his new place (he needed Kenneth to help him move some things). Since I've only met his girlfriend once (Friday night in the midst of scrubbing bathrooms-what a great first impression I made!) I didn't want to "snub" them. Even though going meant missing "The 4400" AND getting Ashleigh to bed late. Both things I was loathe to do. Oh well, life goes on, right?

I chatted with Cindy (the girlfriend) quite a bit and she seems really nice. She's a down-to-earth kind of person, just what Kenneth's brother needs, I think. (His brother is very recently divorced, a very nasty divorce, I might add.) Ashleigh was an hour and a half late for bed, but she seems OK. Actually, she wasn't even fussy until I started to put her PJ pants on after her bath and that initiated complete meltdown. Who knew babies hated pants so much? ; )

1 comment:

Kelley said...

It sounds like your entertaining went so well...I'm sure your new home is so great for it! Good for you...Also good to hear that Allen's girlfriend seems so nice and down to earth...that is exactly what he needs big time!!