Friday, June 3

Series of Unfortunate Events

I haven't posted in about a week, so I figured I'd fill you all in on what's been going on with me. I didn't want to taint my "warm and fuzzy" anniversary post, so you get two in one day, LOL.

My holiday weekend started out with the tragic death of my printer Friday night. Kenneth explained to me that it had a very long and productive life and I should let it go in peace. Soon my sadness was replaced with anger. The darn thing could have died BEFORE I bought a new color ink cartridge that has barely been used!

The overnight trip to my parent's house with Ashleigh went quite well. She didn't do great with the sleeping in a strange place, but it could have been SOOOO much worse! And it was worth it to not be in such a hurry.

Monday was nice, we "flop-assed around" (a term my mother-in-law uses to indicate goofing off, basically). Of course by this point, by neat and clean home is not so neat and clean. Oh well, it's a holiday and I'm not working!!!

Tuesday: Rip fingernail off while opening car door. Scream in pain and make Ashleigh cry. Great. Get to work at 10:20 because I have to run errands, etc. in a town different than the one I work in. That evening, blood comes out of Ashleigh's eye. She has a clogged tear duct and all the goopy yuckyness that comes with it. But blood had never been involved.

Wednesday: Walk out to the carport to discover a COMPLETELY flat tire. A neighbor comes & changes it, and I go get it fixed. While neighbor is changing flat, I call eye doctor's office. After I get tired fixed and am on way to work, doctor's office calls back. I need to have her there, can we be there in an hour? Absolutely NO WAY, but I say sure. I mean, we'll be sitting in the waiting room forever anyway. See a different doctor, hers does surgeries on Wednesdays. This other doctor is really nice and knowledgeable, gives her different eye drops and helpful tips on keeping it clean. Tells me to bring her back in 2 weeks and he'll refer her to a surgeon in Memphis. WHAT?!?! Her eye doctor gave us the distinct impression that he would do the surgery in Tupelo. I'm freaked out now.

Thursday: Cut finger open while slicing a tomato to go on my healthy sandwich for lunch. Hmph. Not healthy so far. Ashleigh wakes up having a hissy fit at 6:45. This makes me 20 minutes late for work, but hey, at least I made it! Have to get a repeat pap in the afternoon because the one at my 6 week check-up came back abnormal. Lovely. But my doctor and his staff and awesome and I kinda miss them. Plus, they made such a fit over Ashleigh's photos it made it almost worth the indignity. Almost. Get home early and spend time with Kenneth and Ashleigh. Then my brain starts working! (Amazing, I know) I realize I don't have to take Ashleigh back to see that other eye doctor who wants to send her to Memphis. I can call and change her appointment to the doctor we've been seeing the whole time.

Today: So far, so good. Ashleigh now has an appointment with her "regular" eye doctor who hopefully still plans on keeping her here to do her surgery. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

2 comments:

Kim :) said...

Oh my goodness! I think you need a hug. You have had so much going on. I am glad you thought about taking Ashleigh back to her regular doctor! sorry to hear that she will be having surgery of any kind, but good that she will be back with her doctor that knows everything that is going on already.

Hope you have a much less eventful weekend ahead!

Kelley said...

Love the title of the post! And you sure backed it up with all your stuff! Hope your Friday is going smoothely, and your weekend is BORING!! :)