Tuesday, June 21

Way To Go Kenneth!

I wanted to write a separate post just to brag on my husband and his great Daddy abilities.

As I've mentioned, my mother-in-law (who is also our babysitter) was out of town from last Wednesday until yesterday. I took off Wednesday & Thursday to keep Ashleigh and Kenneth stayed home with her Friday & Monday. Let me start by saying I didn't "make" him do that. He asked me how we would work it, then because of some things going on at his office, he could only take off Friday & Monday, which pretty much made the decision for us.

Thursday evening, I just went over a few quick things with him, nothing major. Just what to feed her for breakfast & lunch because he's never done those meals. And just like I knew it would, Friday went just fine. Even the TWO poopy diapers! I called to check on them, but I always call his Mom during the day too. I just need that little connection with my baby for a minute. It's not because I really think my call is needed.

Yesterday he called to double check the dosage on her Zantac (for her acid reflux that I hope she outgrows SOON) and he had it right anyway. And the rest of the day was smooth sailing.

I didn't expect him to have any problems, because if I doubted his abilities to take care of our daughter, I'd never have left her with him. But as my co-workers found out he kept her 2 days all by himself, their amazement (strong word, but don't know what else to use) made me realize how lucky I am. I just sort of took it for granted we'd split the days we'd be without a baby sitter. I mean, I'm not a single parent, why should I carry the load like I am? He's a Daddy and that comes with responsibility. But a friend of mine with two children said her husband has NEVER kept either of their children all day long, and their son will be 7 in July. Several other co-workers told me of Fathers they know who would never do that; they can't even keep the kids for a few hours without constant phone calls to the Mommy.

Even though I knew Kenneth was a great Daddy, the past few days have made me appreciate him even more. I just wanted to share it with everyone!

4 comments:

Kelley said...

That's just wonderful! I'm proud of Kenneth for being the great daddy I knew he would be. Glad his days went well with her, and that you've got yourself such a responsible hubbie!

Kelley said...

That's just wonderful! I'm proud of Kenneth for being the great daddy I knew he would be. Glad his days went well with her, and that you've got yourself such a responsible hubbie!

Anonymous said...

That's a good husband!

Kim :) said...

Way to go Kenneth!! He is a great Daddy. I am very lucky as well to have someone that will take care of the kids without hassle. Gary is actually the one that typically takes off from work if Kelsey or Brandon is sick. Since I am the only one in my office it is harder for me to get off work then it is him.