Friday, June 17

Finally Friday

Maybe not a fitting title for someone who's been home more than at work this week, but I'm still happy the weekend is almost here!

Ashleigh got a good report from her eye doctor. He said to bring her back in 2 months for another evaluation. He said the doctor we saw on our "emergency" visit a couple of weeks ago must not know he does the procedure to correct blocked tear ducts, when I asked him about the other doctor talking of sending her to Memphis for surgery. I told him as politely as I could that he might want to let him know! Honestly, they are in a practice together. He agreed with us that it might be clearing up on its own. Unfortunately, when she woke up this morning, it was matted shut and I got gunk out of it. : (

Wednesday we had loads of fun. We went to Columbus and went by to see the receptionist at the ob-gyn clinic. (It's a satellite office, the main one is in Amory.) The doctor who assisted with my C-section came out and held her for a bit. She started grabbing his chest (where his booby would be if her were a she) and embarrassed me just a little. Oh well.... Then we went by my office and picked up my friend Rachel and went to lunch. It was my first time feeding her baby food in public, but it went really well. And I had a veteran Mom with me, just in case!

Thursday morning, I cleaned house, then it was off to the 6 month check up and the dreaded shots. My darling daughter now weighs 19 lbs. 14 oz. and is 27 1/2 in. tall. Her doctor said not to worry about her not wanting to put weight on her feet yet. He agrees with us that she CAN, she just doesn't want to. And she is on or ahead of schedule in all her other development. He answered my tons of questions about feeding and also assured me that I was doing the right thing by not giving her cold medicine for her runny nose. It doesn't bother her or interfere with her eating, so I just keep her cleaned out, so to speak, and put Baby Vics Vapor Rub on her chest at night. Think I'll start with the vaporizer tonight. The thing is, with babies, cold medicine keeps them up all night. NOT a good thing. Then they end up feeling worse. I think my mother-in-law may disapprove of this "no medicine" approach, even though she hasn't said anything. The shots made Ashleigh scream like she was dying and she cried most of the way home, but after I cuddled her awhile, she was just fine.

Today, I'm back to work, things are very slow and boring. Kenneth is home with Ashleigh and at 11 am things seemed to be going well, in spite of TWO poopy diapers. Ha Ha. ; )

This weekend will be relatively busy for us. My sister and soon to be brother-in-law are coming in sometime tomorrow afternoon and will stay overnight. My parents are coming down Sunday morning and Kenneth's family is coming over for lunch. My sister-in-law is helping with all the cooking, and I KNOW my Mom will bring food too.

1 comment:

Kim :) said...

Glad to hear that Ashleigh got a good report at the eye doctor. I will keep my fingers crossed and say a little prayer that it will clear up on it's own and avoid surgery!

Sounds like you had a good week! Hope you had a good weekend and was able to enjoy the visit with everyone that was at your home.