Friday, June 10

Finally Friday : )

I don't know about you guys, but I'm incredibly glad it's Friday! Thrilled would be a better description.

The weekend will involve lots of housework (and hopefully sleep) but it will have to be better than the office! And Saturday night I will be leaving Ashleigh with Kenneth while I have a little "Girls Night Out." A friend is having a little get-together at her house and it's going to be so much fun! It starts at 6 and she lives almost an hour away, so that means I'll be leaving around 5. This significance of this is that Kenneth gets to feed Ashleigh her dinner, give her a bath and put her to bed all by himself. And while he's witnessed these events frequently, he's never actually DONE them. I think he's capable, I'm just interested to see how he does.

Today is the third day Ashleigh has been fever free! She was her usual happy little self last night. I have some cute pics of me and Kenneth with her will try to post them later. And the best news of all: she stayed in her baby bed all night long, just like the "good old days." : ) So I'm not sure why I'm so tired today. Hope it doesn't have anything to do with this almost-sore throat I have. If I get sick over the weekend I'll be so upset. I don't ever want to be sick, but on the weekend? Come on! And besides, when I'm sick I have to limit my contact with Ashleigh and that just plain sucks.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I am so happy for Friday too!! Hope you don't get sick for the weekend...I know from experience how much that sucks!

I'm interested to hear stories of how Mr. Kenneth does alone with Ashleigh!!! Be sure to share!! Have fun at your girl's night!!!!

Kim :) said...

I sure hope you weren't sick this weekend! I hope it was just from being tierd! Can't wait to hear how Kenneth does alone, it sure does those Dads good to do these things from time to time!