Thursday, January 19

Idle Ramblings

::OK, first off, let me just clarify: I don't have anything against American Idol. I'm not a die-hard fan, but do enjoy it when I have the opportunity to watch. I just wish Fox could have found a way to NOT take two of my favorites off the air for almost a month. That's all I'm sayin'...

::The other night, I had to go by Kroger for milk and bread. Add eggs and I was the perfect cliche. Anyway, my now number one all time favorite cashier asked me who did my hair because it is "beautiful." Not pretty or nice but BEAUTIFUL. She said she'd been wanting to ask me for awhile but didn't want to seem weird. That totally made my night. Especially since I wasn't have a good hair day to begin with.

::Why can't McDonald's regulate the saltiness of their fries? Last night on the way home, I picked up our dinner at Mickey D's. I just had to for my emotional well-being. No way could I prepare dinner last night, just wasn't in me. (Although this decision was detrimental to my healthier eating plan, I'm back on the wagon today!) So I'm going to eat a few fries on the way home because I do not like cold fries. There was nary a grain of salt on the fries. So I sampled the other serving of fries and discovered they were saltless as well. I was so sad. But the lack of salty fries was good for my waistline.

::Why can't I remember I need to put a new bottle of body wash in the shower until I'm IN the shower? If I don't remember tonight, I'll be bathing in Herbal Essences tomorrow morning...

::Ashleigh slept all night long in her own bed!!! It's been awhile since she didn't end up in the bed with us so this is quite an event. Nary a peep outta that kid all night long. And I had to wake her up at 7am to go to her Grandma's house. She wasn't happy about that at all. I wish she'd went to bed before 9:30, but I'll definitely take what I can get.

::When you guys are installing new software on your computer, do you actually read the licensing agreement? I just always click accept. Maybe I've agreed to give away my kidney, for all I know!

::My company (mostly me, LOL) is contemplating switching from Quark to InDesign. Anybody out there have opinions on that? I played with it about 10 minutes and think I love it, but the idea of actually changing from something that I've become so used to over the years is a little daunting. But the powers that be at Quark have gotten so anal about registration and licensing and so on and such forth...I really don't like their attitude! Adobe is much nicer. And prettier!!!

2 comments:

Kim :) said...

umm.. those fries sound heavenly! I haven't had a burger or fries since before New years! Gone and made me hungry now, you did!

Yeah for Ashleigh sleeping all night in her bed! That is wonderful.

*laugh* No, I never read the licensing agreements. Are we supposed to?? *grin*

Kelley said...

I was just giving you a hard time about Idol! :)

:: You DO have beautiful hair...I've always thought so. The color is just gorgeous...

:: Poor unsalted fries! Bet those were nasty!

:: I always forget to put the new soap in, then end up trailing water across the bathroom as I run to get it! Hate that too!

:: Yay for Ashleigh!

:: Nope, never read those agreements! Probably should, eh?

:: I'm a Quark girl...I'm sure InDesign is a lovely program, but I love me some Quark!