Sunday, January 15

What's your "pursenality"?

I just finished swapping purses and man, I feel better! Most of you women probably understand. It just feels so good to purge unnecessary junk and it all organized and tidy again. And sometimes, find things you forgot you even had.

I'm love all sorts of purses-really big and really small. Sometimes I feel the need for a big "open" purse, but I tend to like more compartmentalized ones. (I think this is very telling about my personality!) And I go from one extreme to the other. I've been carrying a fairly large one (it easily fit a few magazines) to one that holds all the essentials. OK, well, the essentials & a couple of extras.

I love purses of all colors, but tend to stick to black & brown. I think this is for two reasons: 1)I'm not big on matching purses to outfits, that's just too much trouble for me. And I'd hate to have a purse totally clash with an outfit. 2)In our days when we had a small amount of disposable income it was much easier to sneak a neutral colored purse under Kenneth's new purchase radar. :-)

Here's my basic purse M.O.:
::When I'm feeling stressed or overwhelmed in general, you might see me with an itsy-bitsy bag that my entire wallet won't fit into. I will always have my powder compact, lipstick and OTC medication in case a headache should strike!

::When I feel the need to be prepared for anything, I'll have a bigger bag to include lotions, manicure essentials, my digital camera, a magazine and possibly snacks.

::When I'm just a little stressed, but trying to keep it together, I go for a mid-sized purse. I need more than lipstick and a debit card but I don't need any extra baggage!!

So what kinds of purses do you like & what do you think that says about your personality?

3 comments:

Kelley said...

An interesting topic!

Here's mine: generally, I go for a black purse. The majority of my work clothes are black, and it just goes with everything. I do have a few random color purses that I use when the mood strikes though.

I used to be all about the tiny purses...just a wallet, a lipstick, and keys. Don't know where that girl went, but now I am loving my huge purse. It's about the size of a bowling bag! My wallet has upsized to an organizer, I have a small bag filled with lipsticks, a change purse, a cell phone, an emery board. That's the basics. But I can fit a novel, some magazines, the digital camera, and snacks in there too.

What does this say about me? Hmm. That I like to be prepared...that I like having space where everything can be organized and in sight. That I am not afraid to embrace what I like. I look at that tiny red purse I used to carry and wonder how I ever used it!!

Cory said...

Well, I normally go for light brown or black. I don't switch purses often though. I generally like a small bag. It is holds my wallet, my checkbook, my keys, and my phone I'm just fine.
However, if I'm going somewhere I know I will have to wait for a while, ie DR office, I will trade it in for a small open tote that I can also drop a book in. But those occasions are rare.
I guess maybe it means I like simplicity, which I do!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Large purse as you need your wallet; organizer; phone; glasses; monitor; meds; eye drops; etc. But most important now is that my purse has to be red ~ just makes me happier to carry that red purse!