Sunday, January 15

Just Junk

Well, at the end of the weekend I didn't get nearly what I wanted accomplished, but that's OK!

::I am enjoying my little red MP3 player after getting some kinks worked out.

::I feel much more calm. Well see if this continues after returning to work tomorrow.

::Spent some quality time with my Mom. Dad didn't come to visit this time and we missed him, but we'll be seeing him soon.

::The healthy eating thing has went pretty well. I've cut WAY back on refined sugar. There have been a few dicey moments, but Friday was the worst. I've had loads of water and cut back on portions. (OK, except the Cracker Barrel visit you'll read about shortly. But that meal and a bowl of Special K w/skim milk that I shared with Ashleigh was all I ate all day long. So that wasn't too bad...

::I wasted my cleaning mojo, but it was SOOOO worth it. My brother-in-law invited our family to go with his family on a little shopping trip. Nothing major, just several stores and dinner at The Cracker Barrel. It was so fun! I honestly think mid-October was the last time Kenneth, Ashleigh & I just went somewhere for the sake of going. Just to have fun. How sad....{One of my friends tried to call my house and cell a few times while we were out. I didn't hear my cell but when I finally returned her call, she explained she was getting really worried because she couldn't get me. THAT is a sure sign your a homebody, folks!)

::During above mentioned outing, our daughter was a little doll. We got to show her off to several acquaintances we bumped into and the random blowing of kisses won over many strangers. Had a ball in PetSmart, letting her meet the cats for adoption, then showing her the fish (which she called cats) and the birds (which she called quack-quacks).

{On a little side note, I know I mention cleaning alot. I don't want you all to think I live in a pig sty, nor do I want you to think I live in a sterile environment. A lot of my cleaning "obsession" comes from a clutter phobia. My lofty goal is to maybe have an empty cabinet, drawer or shelf. (or two or three.) After we moved, I knew everything we had and where it was. I want to get back to that. All the stuff we forget we have until we dig it out to clean just needs to go to goodwill or something. It's all a matter of finding the time...}

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Well, that sounds like a pretty good weekend! Glad to hear your visit with your mom was so nice, and that you actually got out of the house for a bit too! :) Sounds like you are feeling a bit better emotionally, that's good. Baby steps!

Kim :) said...

Glad to read this post today! Sounds like you are feeling better. I am with Kelley Baby steps.. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Got to love that. HOpe you have a wonderful Monday and you an keep that calm feeling going!`

Paddle Out for Whales said...

Glad to hear you got out an about and actually had time to enjoy yourselves. How funny about ur friend ringing up being worried because you weren't home! haha. Long time no blog for me...I'm just lost for inspiration!