Tuesday, November 8

A better place

I think the world would be a better place if everyone agreed with me. ;-) Don't you?

OK, maybe a little boring at times, but it WOULD be nice. At least if everyone in my circle of influence agreed with me. A girl can dream, can't she?

A Little Clarification
I think I might have given a bit of the wrong impression in my last post, which was brought to my attention when Kim commented. I will strike up conversations with total strangers as well. There just has to be some sort of reason or common denominator. Like I talk to other people in waiting rooms, or if we're standing in a long line waiting to check out. Of course, only if they look nice. Why try to talk to a mean person? I suppose I'm just wary in situations where some random person talks to me in a situation where people don't normally converse (like gas pumps) OR in situations where my purse may be stolen or my daughter snatched. Which could be anywhere, I suppose, but I like to think I have a sixth sense about these things. he he...

6 comments:

Kelley said...

Us women have to trust our 6th senses...that is for sure!!!

And definitely, it would be a better world is everyone always agreed with you. Yes. Always. Most definitely. You are so right...

ha!

:)

Kim :) said...

OH goodness. I REALLLLLLYY Hope I didn't offend you in my comment!! Because that was not my intent what so ever! I agree that we have to be cautious, we have to be a little leery of situations where things could happen to us and our children. I guess I just find myself way to lax about these things?

Oh, and I LOVE to try and talk to mean people!! I love to make them talk to me! Gives me great joy actually. lol When I started my job I had the meanest, most hateful mailman possible! He would always just grunt and groan at me. I made it my mission to make that man talk to me in a civilized manner. And before he retired he would come in here and speak to me first. He never did really smiled much, but he would speak friendly to me before leaving. Mission accomplished! *laugh*

again, I hope I didn't offend you.

Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER (have I made my point?) Never Ever Doubt Your 6th sense - ever.

Better to be wrong about some one and avoid an innocent person than to invite a perpretratior into your life.

Also - talking to some one is a REAL GOOD way to feel them out and see if they are on the level. Keep your frends close and your enemies closer!

Chad said...

Having everyone agree with you can also be annoying. Find a balance.

I would ask this: Do you believe in male intuition?

Nope?

See. I knew you would say that.

M said...

You gotta keep on your toes these days. The criminals are much more sophisticated than they used to be.


Also, loving your weather pixie! She's cute!


wow! this is a long w.v.:vmsjdvw

YankeeAmanda said...

That's the delicate balance I'm having to strike now that I live in the south. Being a yankee by birth, I'm used to keeping to myself. But down here, it seems like everyone wants to talk to me, and I'm not sure how OK I should be with it. Sometimes I get that "watch out" vibe, and I listen to it.

And yes, I'm finding out that children are conversation magnets!