Friday, November 18

Rite of Passage

Let me set the scene for you:

It's bathtime. Ashleigh has been washed up and rinsed clean, now we've entered the playtime portion of the bath. I'm singing my made-up second verse of "You Are My Sunshine":
You are my sweetie
You are my darlin'
You are my honey, you are my pal
I'll love you always and forev..noNONONONO!!!!!!

I jerk Ashleigh up because I see the look.

As I lift her, I hear plops in the water below. She dropped the kids off in the pool. (For those of you slow on the uptake...she pooped.)

I started yelling for Kenneth, but had to go to him, with Ashleigh wrapped in her towel.

He had to deal with her.

I had to decontaminate everything.

So I've been through another of Motherhood's Rites of Passage. Poop in the tub.

P.S. I don't want to jinx it, but Ashleigh's eye is looking very good--no goop, no excess tears. Keep your fingers crossed!

5 comments:

Kim :) said...

Oh that is toooo funny!!!!! At least it asn't runny poop!!!! Ewwwwwwww

YankeeAmanda said...

My goodness, I don't know if my child is an early bloomer or that, but that happened to me twice in the first month!

Kelley said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHH! Oh my goodness...the things kids do!!!!!

Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

AH-HA! The infamous brown tub shark! We've had that more times than I can count.

When she was younger Savannah would get constapated, but the warm water would end up relaxing her and BOOM!

The worst is the "creative pooper." Savannah use to poop at nap time and instead of crying to wake us, she'd pull the poo out of her diaper and color on the walls and stuff with it.

YUCK! There were a few power washer moments in the nursery.

Glad the surgery is holding up!

Pammylew said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
Austin did that to Todd all of the time!!! He actually peed on me though! Welcome to Motherhood!!!
I have also been puked on by projectile red kool-aid. I think that is the WORST!!