Monday, November 28

Thanksgiving...not what I planned...

Well, Thursday started off fine. Got to my in-law's home around 12 (they live next door, NOT a big journey!) and all was well. Got a few photos of Ashleigh and Elana in their matching outfits, and before long it was time to eat. Ashleigh wasn't hungry. Then I realized she was burning up. Gave her some medicine and shortly thereafter was thrown up on. (All in my hair, downmy shirt, etc.) But I think I handled that unfortunate event with dignity and grace. And a quick exit.

She seemed to feel better and played some at home. Then she'd be pitiful again. Then play some more. Friday morning, when her temp was 104.8, I knew I had to find a pediatrician. Ours was closed, but the best one in Columbus was open. We were told it was a stomach virus, that would last 3-5 days. No 24 or 48 hour virus for us! Good news: only contagious through saliva. So nobobdy had to worry. Bad news: except me. I was trying to get her to eat off my plate, with my fork. Ugh.

Spent alot of time getting my check, going to the bank, then tracking down needed medicine, Pedialyte, etc. And a one-second ear thermometer. That thing rocks!

Missed my family's Thanksgiving dinner, which they postponed to Saturday for us, pretty much. Had lots of ups and downs over the weekend with Ashleigh, but she's getting better, just has a way to go before she's back to 100%. Maybe a lot of Grandma's TLC today will do the trick!

My parents decided to give us an early Christmas gift, so we now have a new stove! And with help from Kenneth's Dad, it's installed, ready to go. Haven't used it yet, the fridge is full of leftovers. (We might have missed my family's dinner, but Mom sent plenty of food to us via my sister and her fiancé.

Also got my Christmas tree up. It's a work in progress, but it's up! (And it's actually the 7.5' pre-lit tree my mother-in-law got last year and didn't like. I like it just fine.) Also put some other stuff out/up. There's more stuff on the bookcases, but it's mostly scattered among the regular stuff. I can't take all that stuff down! I know I'm not a HGTV candidate, but I'm decorating at least. Kenneth isn't too happy about the tree, I don't think. He was eyeballing it last night and I asked him what and he said he was wondering how long it would take Ashleigh to pull it down on top of her. Geez. I plan on supervising her just a bit. I even tried really hard to put larger non-choking hazard stuff close to the bottom.

I think my mother-in-law might come over to help me put some finishing touches on my tree tonight. She just does the prettiest stuff! I was liking my stuff until I went in her house this morning. Now I feel like I have Charlie Brown decorations! LOL.

5 comments:

Kelley said...

Well, I hate to hear that Ashleigh has a bug! And that throw up scene...poor you!! How are you feeling? No bug for you yet??

And a stove! What a fabulous gift for you guys. That's wonderful. Your tree looks great too! So pretty. We'll be putting ours up soon...we were just too pooped and too busy when we got home this weekend...

Cory said...

YAY New stove!!!!!!!

Pammylew said...

I hope Ashleigh is better!
Congrats on the stove - what a wonderful gift!!! But I could've given you mine, you know it's practically brand new from lack of usage!!!!

Kim :) said...

Oh goodness. :( Sorry to hear that Miss Ashleigh was sick over Thanksgiving! I hope she is doing MUCH better now!

WOO HOO on the new stove! Got to love that!

Kelley said...

Oooh ooh! I love your new banner!!!! The colors are great together! Such a happy feeling...