Monday, November 14

Surgery

I know it will be OK. Really I do. So why am I so anxious? Because she's my baby, that's why! I just hate that if she gets hungry or thirsty after 2am, she can't have anything to eat or drink. I hate that she will be knocked out in an operating room. (Although what parent hasn't wished they could knock out a child fighting sleep?)

Surgery really isn't even the right word. It's more of a procedure. People deal with much more serious things all the time. I don't know how they manage. I think I'd be out of my mind with worry if they were actually going to be cutting on her! If you're interested and/or have time you can check here or here to see what she'll be having done tomorrow.

I just hope I don't cry. I've got an almost psychotic aversion to crying in front of people, even Kenneth.

But I'm ready for her eye to be all better. No more watering, no more gunk. I'll just focus on the positive outcome.

Think of me tomorrow. We have to be there at 6:30 a.m.-YUCK!

7 comments:

YankeeAmanda said...

I would be freaked too. It's going to be OK, and you're right, in the end it will be better. When I'm up for my early morning feeding, I'll say a prayer for you!

Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

WHOA! Soory to hear about that. Your kiddo will be in our thoughts and prayers.

We had tubes put in our babies ears and we were freaked to the hilt about it. When they gassed her and took her from my arms I just about died. We walked into the waiting room and they were done before I could put the second quarter in the Coke machine. Quite literally took less than 3 minutes. We spent more time freaking out than the procedure took.

Coming out of anesthesia was the hard part. They always wake up a little crunk.

Kim :) said...

Thinking about you guys!!! I am certain all will go well, but you wouldn't be a mother without the worries.

Kelley said...

I am definitely thinking of you all today!! I know that everything will go just perfectly, and she'll look so happy with her gunk-free eyes!!!

Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

Hope every thing went well. I know things are hectic, so I'm not rushing you on this but post when you have a moment so we can all exhale...

M said...

We'll be saying extra prayers for you and your family. Much love and peace to you. m.

Danielle said...

you are in my thoughts. hope everything went smoothly. much love...