Friday, November 4

The Wooly Mammoth & The Spoon

{Did that get your attention?}

I don't know what it is with Ashleigh, but I have a fear a scenario like this is in her future:
She's sitting in a therapist's office and explaining that she really doesn't understand her uncontrollable obsession with colorful little plastic spoons. She'll say that she's been told it started when she was less than a year old, but she's sure it's her parent's fault in some way.

She doesn't have a special favorite blankie or stuffed animal. Three nights this week she has went to bed with a spoon in her hand. And when I'd try to take it out, she start to wake up! One day she carried a red one to her Grandma's and held on to it all day long. She finally let it go about 7:30 that night, but picked it right back up. I just don't get it. My Mom once said about me that if it was different, I'd like it. Maybe Ashleigh will be the same way..."screw blankies and lovies-give me a spoon!"

The Wooly Mammoth bit refers to my overgrown eyebrows that are overdue for waxing. That is a top priority this weekend. Actually, a top priority for tonight. I'll not go into my other lofty plans for the weekend, I probably won't do any of it anyway.

Have a good one!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Very interesting!!! Spoons, huh? She is just like her mama, different from everyone else!!

And get those brows waxed, girl!

Have a super weekend...do whatever strikes you!

Kim :) said...

too CUTE!!! You must get a picture of here with these spoons!

Have a good weekend and get those brows waxed! lol

M said...

Hi Jackie!! Thanks for the visit to the Weird Little Blog That Could. I'm diggin' the name of your blog. Are you a B-52's fan? One of their songs on Cosmic Thing is Follow Your Bliss. I LOVE that song, great bass part. I also have another blog that is more "normal" at www.gnumann.blogspot.com "Dreamer's Reality". I think that's the one Martha visits. Thanks again for coming by. :-) m.