Thursday, July 21

An All Time Favorite

I absolutely LOVE this song by James Taylor. I always think of those closest to me when I hear it. Thought I'd share the lyrics with you. I plan on doing a scrapbook page with it on there sometime...

When you're down and troubled
And you need a helping hand
And nothing, whoa nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon i will be there
To brighten up even your darkest nights.

You just call out my name,
And you know whereever i am
I'll come running, oh yeah baby
To see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
All you have to do is call
And i'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
You've got a friend.

If the sky above you
Should turn dark and full of clouds
And that old north wind should begin to blow
Keep your head together and call my name out loud
And soon i will be knocking upon your door.
You just call out my name and you know where ever i am
I'll come running to see you again.

2 comments:

Kim :) said...

Great song! I will have to listen to it now. :)

Kelley said...

It is a good song...though it brings back bad memories of my high school best friend who I no longer speak to...we went to Six Flags together one summer,and she recorded that song in the recording booth...she was a great singer...and now that's all I think about when I hear that song!