Thursday, July 28

Why Oh Why

do my moods fluctuate so? OK, I'm sure the recent sleep deprivation do to my sweet baby girl has something to do with it, but COME ON! I had lots less sleep month ago and didn't have this problem. It's like I'm coasting along just fine...all is well with the world then BAM! For no apparent reason, I am in a foul funky mood. Blah. I just hate it. Especially since I can't put my finger on it. I know the sleep thing can't be helping, as well as I'm getting so very tired of the heat and humidity. It's just icky. And for those of you who've never been to Mississippi, let me assure that that unlike on tv and in the movies we DO have air conditioning. Thank God for central air. Unfortunately, our lives can't be lived inside. I have to go outdoors to go to work. But that just can't be all that's wrong. Maybe it's a lack of things that make me happy?

I think I'll make a list of things that make me happy (in no particular order):
:: A clean and orderly home
:: Really talking and connecting with Kenneth
:: Unrushed time with Ashleigh
:: Reading a good book
:: Making it through the magazine backlog
:: Scrapbooking
:: Exercising (regularly!)
:: Drinking plenty of water
:: Eating well
:: Getting enough sleep
:: Bras that fit well

Hmm......I think I might have hit on something....All these things are important to me, but the only one that seems impossible to attain is that bra one. I LOVE underwire bras, they are the only ones that make me not have a uni-boob. BUT the left underwire always breaks on the outside edge. I've lost 4 bras in 2 weeks due to this. And I can't wear them without the wire. That's just a disaster. (Maybe too much information, but I'm a DD. I don't wish to be flat chested, but really! They do get in the way...) So today I was reduced to wearing a nursing bra. I'm not even kidding. No wonder I'm not in the best mood ever!

Oh well, I actually feel better now. Focusing on a few simple things I can do to "make me feel more like me" (to quote a dear friend) has made me realize it's not that hard. I just have to stop scrambling and do it!

3 comments:

Paddle Out for Whales said...

Hey Jackie.....speaking of boobs I envy you! I agree it is hard to find a bra that fits well....I find good old target to be the best place for bra's. Anyway I have lost a bit of weight lately and ALL of my boobs. It is really depressing. I went into the bra shop the other day to buy a strapless for a wedding and the lady said "what size?" I replied, "a 12D" she replied, "Ummm I dont think so!" hjahaha turns out I'm now a 10b! :( I'm so depressed. Losing weight robs you of your boobs and leaves you with boob skin that resembles deflated baloons. I want my boobs back! p.s im putting some scrap booking pages up on my blog this afternoon....make sure u visit me.

Kim :) said...

I find myself doing the same thing. I do go for a while in a good mood and then for no apparent reason I get all foul and pissy at everyone around me. lol Maybe that is just part of the female nature?? :)

Oh sista, I hear ya on the bra issue. If you don't have a good support system there then life is so not good. But the thing is. I HATE to spend money on new bras!! I just hate to do it. I hope you are able to get at least one new bra this weekend so you don't have to wear the nursing bra again next week! :)

Kelley said...

Good for you, making a "happy" list...and hope that it helps. You should definitely focus on the things that make you feel more like you...because when you start to not feel like yourself, then who are you?? :)

And just hush up about those DDs!!! :) I must say, mine are bigger now than they've ever been (probably because I weigh more than I ever have!) and I am actually loving them. I have cleavage and everything, gasp!!! :)