Friday, July 15

My Friend Angela

I realized yesterday afternoon that I'd left a very important link off my blog. My friend Angela has a where she posts photos, etc. It's called bluejett. Check it out.

I couldn't easily find the photo I wanted to post here so her introduction will be photoless. (There is a pic of her on her site if you check it out.)

I met Angela during my unfortunate experience of working at a printing company in Tupelo. I won't name it, because I might say some very unflattering things about it in this post. She is actually the only reason I don't consider that a complete waste of 8 months of my life. That's right, I only lasted 8 months working for those crazy people! But not only did I gain a lifelong friend, she taught me how to use Adobe Illustrator! I couldnt' imagine NOT using that program now....

We don't get to see eachother or even talk as often as I'd like, but I consider her a close friend. She is very funny and lots of fun to hang out with. She has a very sarcastic sense of humor, which I love. That sarcasm got her in loads of trouble at that horrible place where we met. I don't think those people knew what sarcasm and joking around were! Thankfully she has a wonderful job now, working with SANE people.

We used to go on road trips together occasionally and they were always fun, if not a little dangerous. Once when going to a concert in Birmingham, AL, she ended up stopping in the projects to ask for directions!! A drunk man with 2 teeth started telling us to go 25 blocks back the way we came....and every turn was at a Church's or Popeye's chicken place! I just knew we'd get shot....Obviously we didn't, but I don't care if I NEVER see Birmingham again in my life! Then there was the trip to Nashville, TN and we were going to visit the zoo. They have two, and we were going to the one with the more exotic animals. We drove by the "local animals" one and as we got to where the other one was SUPPOSED to be, it wasn't there!!! They told her at a gas station that they MOVED it! WHO MOVES A ZOO??? That was just insane. And guess what? They moved it in with the other zoo we'd driven by!! You think they'd have had a sign or something. But by that time we'd wasted over an hour and it was raining. So no zoo for us.....We had tons of fun though, and that's all that matters!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Have a great visit with Angela this weekend, and tell her that I said hello!

And WHO asks a drunk with two teeth for directions??

Kim :) said...

Sounds like a wonderful friend!

Your right, who the heck moves a ZOO?? How funny is that!!

Have a super weekend.