Thursday, July 7

Do They Know?

Do the people in your life know how much they mean to you?

I started thinking about this yesterday after my Mom left to return home. She's on vacation this week and came down to babysit Ashleigh for the day. It was my idea, not because I needed a babysitter, but I wanted my Mom to spend some one-on-one time with her granddaughter. She was a little nervous because she hasn't cared for a baby in 20+ years. But of course she did great and has an awesome time!

ANYWAY, all of that to bring me to this: I realized that I was SO lucky to have a Mom who would drive 80 miles one evening to come to my house, only to babysit for the day and then drive 80 miles back home. And not because I needed her to. I just thought it'd be fun. I know lots of people have awesome mothers, but lots of people don't. I need to be sure my Mom knows just how much I appreciate her. She loves us all and is constantly doing little things for us. She is so giving. (She brought a sack of "snacks"-granola bars & such, apples, tomatoes, grapes, a canteloupe and homemade rolls just to give me.)

And why should that stop with my Mom?

My mother-in-law keeps Ashleigh every day and takes excellent care of her. And it's not unusual for her to call and say she's cooked dinner, stop by and eat before going home.

My entire family is so giving an loving--not just the Moms! It's great to have such a network to call on whenever I need something, anything at all. And know that help will be given without a second thought. I have many close friends under this category as well.

I am so blessed to have all this love in my life, I want to be sure everyone knows how much I love and appreciate them.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

VERY good post! We all could use a little push at making that extra effort to let those people know just how special they are to us...

Kim :) said...

That is wonderful for your mom to drive all that way to spend the day taking care of Ashleigh!! Your right, they needed some time like that alone.

Sometimes I wonder if everyone in my life really knows how much they mean to me. I will have to make a point of letting them know more I think. Great post!