Wednesday, July 6

Feeling Better

Well, I still have alot on my mind, but I am feeling better!

I have to just remember that average is OK, because when I look around I realize that there are lots of people who would probably be thrilled with average! I don't mean that as a put-down, really, I just think it's true.

I see pettiness and greed and back-stabbing and false friendships all around. And I feel really good about myself that I don't resort to that type of behavior! I'm a really straight-forward kind of girl. What you see is what you get. And what you hear is the honest truth. I don't go out of my way to be brutally honest if it's going to hurt someone, but I don't lie or give false compliments. I get along well with everyone I work with, but I don't buddy up to them if I really don't like them very much. See, I figure it IS my job to get along with my co-workers for the sake of job we're here to do. I don't really think that's being two-faced, do you? Because if I told some people what I really thought of them, I'd be in SOOOO much trouble. Maybe even fired! ; ) So I guess I do keep some things to myself...but it's more of a professionalism thing. (Can you tell there is a lot of BS going on right now at work? LOL)

But anyway, I guess I've realized that while I might not have some of the amazing abilities that I envy in others, I do have one thing going for me: I really believe I'm a good person. I certainly have faults, but everyone does.

Here are a few things I like about myself:
:: I am a loyal friend
:: I really DO enjoy giving. (I like receiving too, but I get so much joy from giving!)
:: I try to always give compliments when I really like/am impressed with something
:: I try to cheer others when they are down
:: I work hard to be the best Mom I can be
:: I strive to be a good wife (and according to Kenneth I am. He's the only one that counts on this one!)
:: I am a good listener
:: I try to be a positive influence on those around me. (Obviously I'm not always!)

OK, that took a little while to come up with! Why is it so hard to think positively about yourself and so darn easy to be negative? Oh well, that's life, I suppose!

Anyway, I'm back on my way to happiness. Much further away from the black hole, so to speak, than for the past several days. Wish me luck! : )

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Soooooooo glad you're feeling better!!!! Loved reading your list of things you love about yourself...you're right, why is it so hard to find the positive sometimes? The negative always rattles right off the tongue! :)

And yes, you are a loyal friend...a wonderful friend...

And I agree with the professional thing...in that situation, it is part of your job to get along with your coworkers...makes everything so much easier!

Anonymous said...

Like this list so much better. And I like your get along with work folks speech - for me there is always one or two difficult ones who bring me down and that is what I need to focus on - just be me and we can turn them around to our way of thinking ~ which must be good ~ did not say right, just good! Happy, happy day!

Kim :) said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better!! It isn't always easy to think of the positive, but I am glad you were able to and to pull yourself threw the rough days.