Wednesday, July 27

A Little Adventure

Well, this morning wasn't the usual routine for me. At least the drive in to the office wasn't.

When I dropped Ashleigh off at my mother-in-law's house, she told me I might have trouble because Hwy. 45 (major highway going into the town where I work) seemed to be blocked. They have a police scanner and she heard that there was some sort of incident and there was some type of fuel all over the road and they were calling for clean-up crews. Also the police were chasing someone. The details were a little sketchy.

ANYWAY, as I approach the scene, I'm surprised to find traffic backed up for a mile or so. Luckily, I was at a turn-around point and able to avoid sitting traffic for a long amount of time. I could have went back home, but how would I know when the road was clear? I decided to try to find my way around by using backroads. Now, I didn't grow up in this area so I don't know the backroads that well. But I was more than willing to try. It was a great adventure, but I'm so proud of myself....I DIDN'T GET LOST!! I thought that the odds were pretty good that I would, but I found my way just fine. I was almost an hour late for work....but oh well, life goes on! Luckily in my department, we don't get in trouble for being late. But they all knew I had to go WAY out of the way to get here.

Last night was pretty boring. Watched most of the movie Office Space. LOVE that movie!!! Went to bed a little before 9, trying to make up getting about 3 hours of sleep the night before. Poor Ashleigh, think she's about to cut her top front teeth. Teething is from the devil, by the way, LOL. Causes all sorts of disruptions! I did try Ashleigh on Stage 3 baby food. (That means it has chunks and hunks in it.) She made faces, gagged, coughed and generally acted like she was dying. But I made her eat half a jar and a little over half-way through she toned down the theatrics. She just tried to use defensive maneuvers to keep the food from getting to her mouth! Maybe tonight will go a little better...

2 comments:

Cory said...

That sucks on your way to work, but congrats for not getting lost.
And keep trying with Ashleigh. She'll take it eventually.

Kelley said...

Wow, that sure was a little adventure in the big town of Columbus! :) I'm so proud of you for not getting lost! :)

I love Office Space too...that one is just a classic!!!

And woo hoo for Stage 3 baby food! I'm sure it will get easier...

Miss you!