Wednesday, October 19

Getting Better

Ashleigh is well on the road to recovery! She got a good report from the doctor this morning, after entertaining everyone in the waiting room for about 30 minutes. She still has a bit of a runny nose, but the fever seems to be gone, and her appetite is back. Her blood work did show a slight iron deficiency, so we're to start her on a vitamin after we finish her antibiotics.

She actually went to sleep last night easily, IN HER BED, about 9:15. She woke up around 11 though, and I think she would have went right back to sleep in her bed after I consoled her. BUT I was so out of it that I just picked her up and got in Kenneth's recliner with her. We both went back to sleep and obviously slept very well, because I didn't know a thing until the alarm clock went off this morning! AND I got to sleep late since her app't was at 9:45. YAY!!!! Another night or two of decent sleep, I might actually start feeling good again!

WORDS OF WISDOM:
Heard this on a show Kenneth was watching the other night: "Put your big girl panties on and deal with it!"
Love that....

4 comments:

Kelley said...

So glad that Ashleigh is feeling better and that sleep is returning for you! And I've heard that saying too, think it is hilarious!! Actually, Kim has a purse that says that on it!!!

Kim :) said...

Glad to hear that Ashleigh is doing better!!

Oh, I love that saying! As Kelley mentioned I have a purse that says that. I will have to take a picture and show it to you. it is way sassy!!

YankeeAmanda said...

LOL, big girl panties! You mean I have to give up my Wonder Woman Wonderoos???

Cory said...

Yay! We like a not sick baby! I'm glad Ashleigh is doing better, and hope you get some nights of good sleep.
And I'll have to remember that saying. I know some people that need to start living by it.