Monday, October 17

Poor Baby

Well, that fever stuck around all weekend and we went to see the doctor this morning. Of couse, she didn't HAVE a fever at the doctor's office, but it was back in full force before we got home!

She has an upper respiratory infection, which appears to be bacterial, because of an elevated white blood cell count. She got a shot, and starts and antibiotic tomorrow. He told me about some pills that will help with her upset tummy, hopefully allowing her to eat. They aren't a prescription, but you have to go through all the trouble you do with a prescription. A snooty woman behind the counter informed me that they cost over about a $1 a pill. I asked her if I looked like I couldn't afford $10 for my baby's medicine! (I had next to no sleep last night. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!) That wasn't the end of me "showing my butt" at the prescription counter, but I'll just leave it at that...

She's drinking a little more this afternoon, according to my mother-in-law, so that's a great sign! She didn't drink 10 oz. in all day Saturday & Saturday night combined!

Wish me luck for some sleep tonight! Ashleigh will NOT be sleeping in our bed. She did last night, she was either on top of me (literally draped across me) or flopping around like a fish out of water! I'll take the recliner over that, if she won't sleep in her bed.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Poor you and poor Ashleigh!!! I got a little giggle though, over your "butt showing" at the store! I can totally see you doing that! :)

Hope that she's feeling better soon, and that YOU get some sleep!!!!

Kim :) said...

OH yuck!! I know how you are feeling right now. Brandon is feeling MUCH better today thought! (Gary and I as well for that matter.)

Ohhh I would have said something along the same lines as you did at the store!! I hate when people do crap like that.

Hope you were able to get a little rest!

Cory said...

I hope she's feeling better now...